BYC Café

Princess says that I am a pessimist so don't listen to me.  (Although I feel that I am a realist.)

Greatest thing about retiring was that I no longer had to hire employees.  Once the supply of 'farm raised' folks ran out it became harder to hire good workers.

Amen!! And it's sad! The rare small independent jobs I do now are getting to be to much of a pain because no one wants to do manual labor, for minimum wage, and you have to stay on them constantly!

Greatest thing about retiring was that I no longer had to hire employees. Once the supply of 'farm raised' folks ran out it became harder to hire good workers.

Just got back from the first 1/2 day of my "part time" job.

Of the 8 people hired to work the club house, I'm now down to 4. The latest casualty was a club house employee and her maintenance husband. They didn't show up today so DH called...apparently the husband is sitting in jail so she stayed home to take care of their baby. DH fired them both (they were warned last week about their attendance). These are decent full time jobs and we pay a good wage (quite a bit beyond minimum wage) but they can't be bothered to come to work? Or even notify someone when they can't come in? I don't get it.

We haven't even opened yet (that happens this weekend). Yeah, I pretty much see where my part-time job is heading...

I think I'm way too soft hearted cause I feel bad for her her husband being in jail and a baby to take care of.. haha

BUT

You're right, I don't get why they couldn't have at least called??? I mean, if she had called this time and last time too, then maybe you guys would've understood and/or tried to help more or something? But not even calling is just rude so I see why you fired them aha

Where do you live and what kind of business?

Greatest thing about retiring was that I no longer had to hire employees.  Once the supply of 'farm raised' folks ran out it became harder to hire good workers.

Just got back from the first 1/2 day of my "part time" job.

Of the 8 people hired to work the club house, I'm now down to 4. The latest casualty was a club house employee and her maintenance husband. They didn't show up today so DH called...apparently the husband is sitting in jail so she stayed home to take care of their baby. DH fired them both (they were warned last week about their attendance). These are decent full time jobs and we pay a good wage (quite a bit beyond minimum wage) but they can't be bothered to come to work? Or even notify someone when they can't come in? I don't get it.

We haven't even opened yet (that happens this weekend). Yeah, I pretty much see where my part-time job is heading...

omgosh, I want to come to WY so bad, i said if i ever ran away, that was where i was going...lol. The possibility of running away is more probable than you might know! but seriously I hope it gets better for you, and you get to stay part time!

Last edited:
Good Morning, TK
frow.gif

Thanks for the coffee, it's still abit hard to see much outside here also.
Nowhere as warm thou, it's only 54.5°F now and no rain for a few days, and might not get any for a few more days.
I hope that we don't end up with a dry spring again, messes up the hay crop and garden real bad.
Have a good day everybody.
Scott

Back
Top Bottom