BYC Café

There was this car on the highway that I at first thought was pulled over by a cop but as I got a bit closer, I could see the smoke (or steam?) Coming up from the hood! Then as I drove by, the whole inside was filled with smoke or something! You couldn't see inside.

The cop hand motioned to this young girl to stay back so she stepped back and he slowly walked towards the car. I felt bad because you don't know what that car is going to do. This girl must have been maybe teens or early 20s? She looked a little bit older than a young teen but I think she was younger than me.

Sour, thanks for the coffee! Any left? I'm about ready for a refill.

We're at our high for today at 24*, it's supposed to drop down in the teens tonight. It snowed most the night and has been doing a bit more of that off/on today.

One thing about the snow, with all our wind that comes in from the west and blows out to the east, unless we get really dumped on, a lot of it flies away.

Sour, thanks for the coffee! Any left? I'm about ready for a refill.

We're at our high for today at 24*, it's supposed to drop down in the teens tonight. It snowed most the night and has been doing a bit more of that off/on today.

One thing about the snow, with all our wind that comes in from the west and blows out to the east, unless we get really dumped on, a lot of it flies away.
The record low for Woodland, CA is 15F. That was very cold for here. I do not recall any days below 25 last winter.

It does not get cold enough on my front porch to kill my jade plant

okay well this was posted on our home baker thread go make this

EGGNOG COOKIES

Cookie Dough
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup eggnog
1 egg, beaten
3 3/4 Cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg

Frosting
1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
1/4 Cup eggnog
1 tsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract

Sprinkle (see Note)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground ginger powder

1. Mix butter & sugar.
2. Add eggnog & egg.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & nutmeg.
4. Chill about 1 hour.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350*.
6. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes.
8. Pull out of oven & while still warm, push tops of cookies down with the bottom of a lightly greased glass to flatten out the tops of the cookies.
9. Cool on rack.
10. Mix up frosting ingredients.
11. Frost the cookies and while the frosting is still wet, top with spice sprinkle.

Note: The recipe only called for ground nutmeg to sprinkle the tops of the cookies, but I mixed together all the spices that we use when we make eggnog.

Back
Top Bottom