BYC Café

Yoga is a good choice!

Trainers at gyms will help with flexibility too

Like a personal trainer or a machine?

What is used...increases What is not used... decreases

Very true

Everything in moderation. ;)

I've been eating so much junk lately. Ice cream, chips, cereal, cookies, sandwiches. Actually rsn out of cookies a week or two ago so now it's been ice cream and today was pizza :oops:

You already do that Cap, only different kind of weight. :lau feed, water, dirt, etc.

Lol right!?

Like a personal trainer or a machine?

Very true

I've been eating so much junk lately. Ice cream, chips, cereal, cookies, sandwiches. Actually rsn out of cookies a week or two ago so now it's been ice cream and today was pizza :oops:

Lol right!?
A personal trainer. Sometimes they area a part of gym membership

Kdogg use your OCD to advantage -take up distance walking. I don't know about fit bits but I used to have a IronmanGPS speed + distance timex system. I went nuts with it - three consecutive years of over 32,000 miles - no joke. I kept a journal. Of course I had no other life, no time for friends, shopping, movies, relaxing. I walked 7 days a week, though not far on Sundays.

If I saw I was approaching 25 miles(as an example) I would think 5 more would be easy and do it. Sometimes I might overshoot and hit 28, which of course meant I had to add 2 more to make it 30. I wore out 3 transceivers and sometimes had to change batts. mid rain storm or bitter cold - hard when your hands are freezing or wet. But I was driven.

Then one day coming home decided I couldn't stand it anymore. Only did 1,000 miles the next year, then quit entirely. Also had overuse injuries to hip, knees, lower back (carried a weighted back pack) shoulders et all. Also worked out with free weights until I got sloppy with the 12 lb. ones and got horrible tendonitis. I was afraid I'd have to go to the surgeon . But with an elbow brace, found I was almost good as new. I learned my lesson.

Kdogg use your OCD to advantage -take up distance walking. I don't know about fit bits but I used to have a IronmanGPS speed + distance timex system. I went nuts with it - three consecutive years of over 32,000 miles - no joke. I kept a journal. Of course I had no other life, no time for friends, shopping, movies, relaxing. I walked 7 days a week, though not far on Sundays.

If I saw I was approaching 25 miles(as an example) I would think 5 more would be easy and do it. Sometimes I might overshoot and hit 28, which of course meant I had to add 2 more to make it 30. I wore out 3 transceivers and sometimes had to change batts. mid rain storm or bitter cold - hard when your hands are freezing or wet. But I was driven.

Then one day coming home decided I couldn't stand it anymore. Only did 1,000 miles the next year, then quit entirely. Also had overuse injuries to hip, knees, lower back (carried a weighted back pack) shoulders et all. Also worked out with free weights until I got sloppy with the 12 lb. ones and got horrible tendonitis. I was afraid I'd have to go to the surgeon . But with an elbow brace, found I was almost good as new. I learned my lesson.

Sorry about all your injuries. :(

But wow that is a lot of walking! What made you want to start that?

I don't know that I could walk quite that far but I think I'm definitely going to start walking more. Or at least being outside. Thinking of starting hiking again or maybe kayaking or tennis or something. There's just something about being in the woods though. I have friends that go trail running every day with their two dogs.

I started slow, at first just under a mile and was out of breath. It took a long time to get past that. Baby steps. I decided to just cross the street and go to first driveway. Then the next driveway. Once I crossed over to another suburb, I just kept on going.

The thing about walking is it's much kinder on the joints than jogging. The woods would have been nice but, too many,can I say "punks," selling dope, just too scary for me.
Most of the walking was on the shoulder of the road, very few side walks anywhere Drivers did NOT like sharing the road with me. I developed quite a vocabulary - dealing with them.

I've read that the folks with the best abs are tennis players, because of all the side to side motion. But too fast & furious for me.

Back
Top Bottom