BYC Café

Sean, i am building a cage for the California quail. I usually build them about 20-24" high, just wondering if i should do anything different?
Should be fine. Some folks say not over a foot in height but I've never had a problem with them "boinking" and knocking themselves out! I had some 24" before no problem. I just built the last one 16" to save on construction costs....and actually to the peak of the roof is 20". If I build any more, I
would build it about 18" high, it's a thight squeeze with a 1 gal. waterer at 16" the doors only 14" high. Does fine for 1quart waterers.

Should be fine. Some folks say not over a foot in height but I've never had a problem with them "boinking" and knocking themselves out! I had some 24" before no problem. I just built the last one 16" to save on construction costs....and actually to the peak of the roof is 20". If I build any more, I
would build it about 18" high, it's a thight squeeze with a 1 gal. waterer at 16" the doors only 14" high. Does fine for 1quart waterers.
Thanks! I like to have room for their loft with a ramp. I make the cage 7 feet long and 30" wide. I will make it a duplex so each pair has 3'6" in width.

had the two allowed had wood delivered about 7:30 last night but he just tosses it in the driveway so had to clear a path from where BF had been splitting with the log splitter the middle garage is wood central moved the split to one side. The ones that needed split again to another spot then moved the half cord into the garage stacked it next to his splitter .. did do cat boxes go out do my coops in 20 letting lidocaine and tramadol do their job

Back
Top Bottom