BYC Café

Better chance of pullets applies to sexed - not straight run. I made a foolish assumption.

View attachment 1869950

My son rescued this pup from the neighbor. He's been outside in the heat, no food or water, left to sleep under the trailer and no one has been home for days. There are shut off notices for the electricity and past due tax bills from the county. Poor little guy. They named him Finley.

The look says it all. He so wants to trust someone and be loved.

Better chance of pullets applies to sexed - not straight run. I made a foolish assumption.

The look says it all. He so wants to trust someone and be loved.

Ahh okay. Thank you. I thought so but wasn’t sure. I was a bit confused at first cause I had thought straight run wasn’t sexed so I was like wow is it really better odds/how could it be!? :lau :oops:

You weren’t foolish though, I didn’t specify haha I think this store usually does straight run but they have sometimes had sexed pullets in. But of course people can put them in the wrong bin.

There are some other local stores too that may have chicks that I want to check too.

But we have a family friend that works at one of the feed stores that I may ask about hatching eggs. He is my uncle’s neighbor and has a farm so I’m sure he has some. But I think he sells them for eating too so idk if he’d give me any but I’m gonna ask. Of course I will pay him.

All puffed up LOL

812AED40-F38F-460B-9715-A3F1E3D18201.jpeg

Right after I took this picture, one of the littles ran past her, jumped on the nest box lip, and tried to get out but I pushed her back in (gently of course) and anyway, she fell right on Blackie :lau of course this startled her and she went running off the nest! Got some food in the coop, ran outside, ran to the water bucket, quick scratch/bathe and ran back in. But she was kind of pacing/clicking and went back out when she saw I took her egg. And apparently didn’t like the 4 ceramics I put in the middle nest. She’s been outside a while but she just went back in a couple minutes ago so hopefully the chick jumping on her didn’t break her of being broody. :fl I moved the ceramic eggs to her original nest for now and she’s back in so hopefully she stays broody! I figure, I want to get her to stay broody first, then move her later. Don’t want her to break cause of too much change at once. So far she is back so looking good. Also when she was outside she was PO’d and chasing everybody and all puffed up. :lau still in broody mode, clearly. :lau so hopefully she stays on the nest. :fl

View attachment 1869950

My son rescued this pup from the neighbor. He's been outside in the heat, no food or water, left to sleep under the trailer and no one has been home for days. There are shut off notices for the electricity and past due tax bills from the county. Poor little guy. They named him Finley.
Wow! He's got some ears on him. Well done for taking him on.

That is very nice of your Son!

Did you see the neighbors leave? Maybe a welfare check is in order

He would more likely turn them in for animal abuse than have a welfare check done. I guess they're less than stellar human beings in general so he doesn't care, but the dog is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom