BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe! Thanks for the coffee and 'stuff', Shad.
That is such great news that the boys made it through the night, Perris. I really hope they both pull through.
I agree with both of you about a shorter happy life vs a long unhappy one. I cut a compromise in my situation by keeping my birds confined to their 1/3 acre behind poultry netting as they seem to have no qualms about going into the road and were really making nuisances of themselves by going into the neighbors yards. And I don't even want to discuss the neighbors rotten GSDs.
My flock has a huge run but they still stream out the run door as soon as I open it in the morning.
Aunt Olivia sharing some bird seed with a bedraggled looking Kerrie.
View attachment 2144754
Why do broody hens looks so ragged in the tail? Barb molted in early August and the first thing to go was her tail...
Now that question about the ragged tail feathers on broody hens is a mystery to me.
It does seem to be the case here as well.

I will have to vote with Cap and Bruce on the cause of the tatty broody tail. Kerrie loves to cram herself into the corner of the ward to sit with the chicks.
She must have heard me saying she looked bedraggled and scheduled a trip to the spa. She will be lodging a complaint with management. She very specifically requested day care services so she could enjoy her bath in peace.

Last edited:
Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made. Tea bags and kettle are on the counter.
Mostly sunny and pleasant here this morning. Storms forecast for later.
The chickens have just arrived at the house. Mel is still acting broody and I've had to strip out their coops nest boxes for the day. They'll be looking for alternative nest egg laying sites and that means a queue for the house nest box. Oh well, here we go. Fudge in first.

Back
Top Bottom