BYC Café

It had been raining for 2 days here.....and the sun didn't stay out long, but was nice while it lasted.
Sprinkling here, but grey and dreary.

Except for the 15 minutes the sun was out. I was in the green house, and it got nice and warm in there.

I planted some cool weather crops: peas, lettuce, spinach, kale, radishes, and beets. Most of it will be greens for the chickens as I thin the plants.

One of the pullets is looking more POL every day... :fl

Is the greenhouse heated? And if not, about when do the non frost tolerant plants die?
Nope, not heated. I didn't have any tender stuff in there this year, past when I had starts last spring. I start tomatoes, peppers, and a few other things the first week of April.

I had spinach and kale in there all winter long, last year. When it got really cold (-single digits), I covered the plants with clear plastic boxes that greens come in at the store. Everything made it!

Stuff grows very slowly in the cold months. I'm doing this to use up old seeds and to make some greens for the chickens and me this winter. And because I need green things to look at in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom