BYC Café

Good Night all!! FH is out of town so I've been taking advantage of staying up late and not having to get up with an alarm in order to get him up.
You can also soften marshmallows in the micro if you don't like them toasted. break graham crackers in half, put a square of chocolate on graham cracker, put marshmallow on top then put in micro for 20 seconds then cover with another half of graham cracker and ENJOY!!!

Meat birds?

So these birds are over 12 months old?
FYI-PSA.....semantics, maybe, but can be important communication terms when discussing chicken behavior.
Female chickens are called pullets until one year of age, then they are called hens.
Male chickens are called cockerels until one year of age, then they are called cocks(or cockbirds or roosters).
Age in weeks or months is always a good thing to note.
Yes I specified hens as over 12 months but the local definition of when a pullet becomes a hen is when she loses her first foot race with a rooster. I know all the proper age groups but often don't tow the mark and call a pullet a hen after she's been laying for 3 or 4 months a steady supply of large and extra large eggs. If I take some birds to the local sale I'll have to designate them properly even if the buyers don't know feathers about what is what.

The big cornish cross are meat birds that lay huge eggs. I'm hoping to AI them to a white giant rooster. Well cockerel. I want have a fully functional rooster until mid February.

1697709634134.png

There's only about 1 cup depending on the size of your cup remaining in the coffee pot but there's coffee, Tea Bags and Hot Cocoa packets along with sugar and powdered creamer on the counter next to the coffee pot or if you want liquid creamer there's French Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie Spice in the fridge so help yourself.
On Sat FH and I are decorating for Halloween even though it won't be a big display this year but at least it's a start and hopefully we'll go to the stores after Halloween and get LOTS of stuff for next year on clearance (like we after Christmas). I'll take pics of it during the day then also once it gets dark.

Back
Top Bottom