BYC Café

Yes I specified hens as over 12 months but the local definition of when a pullet becomes a hen is when she loses her first foot race with a rooster. I know all the proper age groups but often don't tow the mark and call a pullet a hen after she's been laying for 3 or 4 months a steady supply of large and extra large eggs. If I take some birds to the local sale I'll have to designate them properly even if the buyers don't know feathers about what is what.

The big cornish cross are meat birds that lay huge eggs. I'm hoping to AI them to a white giant rooster. Well cockerel. I want have a fully functional rooster until mid February.
Some people have no idea what a pullet is.

1697878219237.png

There's about 1 cup left in the pot, I only made 1/2 pot this AM seeing how I didn't want any to go to waste. The mug holds about 1/4 pot at a time (TOO BIG to be a cup ; think it's just a little bigger than a tall traveling mug).
FH has to work today (still waiting on him to get up though) but is hoping to be home early so we can decorate the outside. I so can't wait to get it set up due to having a 7 foot INFLATABLE Grim Reaper and 8 foot INFLATABLE Spider plus lights (including a string of lights that plays creepy sounds when there's motion next to it). He works with a bunch of overgrown 2 year old's that's throwing a temper tantrum seeing how their favorite blankie is in the wash seeing how he's currenting driving a company pickup because our car is "dead in the water" (not able to be driven at this time), waiting on one of the shop mechanics to look at it and hopefully figure out what is wrong with it so he has to get there before anyone else does so that way none of the crybabies will see him using it and a couple of the crybabies isn't even allowed to drive at this time because of something being wrong with their license GO FIGURE!

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee.
It's going to be a rainy weekend.
I think Skittles time is here.
With the worsening symptoms to the point where every day I am cleaning up my house and his backside and he can no longer walk without being in a squat, I think he likely has intestinal tumors along with the kidney failure and congestive heart failure. He came in with bright red blood coming out of him about a week ago and seemed oblivious. Enough is enough. I don't see good quality of life any longer. He's not outwardly suffering but I doubt he feels good at all.

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee.
It's going to be a rainy weekend.
I think Skittles time is here.
With the worsening symptoms to the point where every day I am cleaning up my house and his backside and he can no longer walk without being in a squat, I think he likely has intestinal tumors along with the kidney failure and congestive heart failure. He came in with bright red blood coming out of him about a week ago and seemed oblivious. Enough is enough. I don't see good quality of life any longer. He's not outwardly suffering but I doubt he feels good at all.

We just went through this with our Doxie in August.

It really was a blessing for her.

I'll be thinking about you.

Back
Top Bottom