BYC Café

I found three extra large eggs deposited in a nest made in the corner of the coop floor. They are clearly making a statement about the conditions of their nest boxes, what with the mere dusting of straw chafe.
I cleaned them all out and put big, thick new leaves of straw in each box and made a well in the middle of each one.
It's the snooty older ladies that were complaining. Savannah and the barnies didn't mind.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee!
We ordered a new carburetor for the splitter to show up on Wed. Fingers crossed!
I am taking my friend down to another Doc appt but this one will be a couple of hours so I have some time to get other things done shopping-wise.
The Magpies from last year are building another nest on our property. We took the tree down that they had used last year because it died and I was wondering what they might do. They are intent and making some serious progress. It will be fun to watch them again as they raised 4 babies last year and boy did they keep the hawks from sneaking through.
Enjoy the day, Cafe!

Good morning and thanks for the coffee!
We ordered a new carburetor for the splitter to show up on Wed. Fingers crossed!
I am taking my friend down to another Doc appt but this one will be a couple of hours so I have some time to get other things done shopping-wise.
The Magpies from last year are building another nest on our property. We took the tree down that they had used last year because it died and I was wondering what they might do. They are intent and making some serious progress. It will be fun to watch them again as they raised 4 babies last year and boy did they keep the hawks from sneaking through.
Enjoy the day, Cafe!
Good morning, sorry to hear about your splitter’s troubles. Magpies are one of my favorite birds. I enjoy it when they stop by - unfortunately, gulls and pigeons are the only frequent visitors near me.

Back
Top Bottom