BYC Café

wee.gif
great news Margie

Just popping in to say "howdy" to everybody. I worked four days last week, and then headed out of town. I will be working way too much for the next three weeks as well so you probably won't hear much from me until mid-October...just in time for prime baking season.

I will tell you that while we were in Milwaukee my husband took me to a baking supply store and told me to get whatever I needed to "stock up" for holiday baking. Probably not a good idea, but he'll learn. I could have spent all day, and several 100s dollars, in the sprinkle aisle alone!

Have a great day everybody!

Howdy Wiggles,
frow.gif

It is looking like you have a full-time job there
hide.gif

I hope that you didn't hurt your DH to bad when you 'stocked up'
You will have time to partake in the 'season' won't you?
I look forward to seeing your prime season baking pic's.
droolin.gif

Scott

Good Morning! Fall is here for real in MN. Its CHILLY!
Good news is we have moved chickens into new coop...FINALLY!!!! Still has a couple doors to put on the storage area but they are happy and cozy...just in time for the weather to start turning cold. Had a lot of fun watching them learn the ramp yesterday. They really seem to enjoy going in and out of the sleeping/egg laying area.
Each breed us so different. The Ameraucanas look so different with their non comb, feathery cheeked faces. They also dart about like roadrunners but are the first to check out new things. The RI Reds are quite stable and went up and down ramp first, never missed laying an egg even with the move and seemed to enjoy outdoors even with rain. The Welsummers are a bit shy about the move and stopped laying for now, but remained fairly calm although one tried to take over the flock from a loud RIR...it didnt last long. LOL

Amazing how entertaining the little dragons are.
1f609.png

Good Morning Susan
frow.gif

Yes Fall is here for most of you guys.
Chicken 'TV' is one of my biggest time wasters.
I get zoned out watching the drama in the several different groups that we have, and loose track of just how long I was just watching and not doing whatever I was there to do.
Scott

Morning! This is interesting to have one corrected eye and one that still needs a contact. Wearing glasses is quite something! Oh well, guess I will just have to drink coffee and sit here.
Glad your birds like the new coop, Susan.
My DS! is flying in on Friday. One of his buds from HS died the other day from alcoholism. Very sad and unfortunately, not entirely unexpected. The boy had even congratulated my son on the birth of his second daughter, so there is some pondering and growing up that DS is working through, yet again..... Sat is the memorial and I think the whole mountain top for a 100 miles is going to be there.
Well, I have a to go feed the sheepies and chickens. The horses are off the list until Sat. No dust and 15 lbs lift limit, that is like my cat, well maybe after a good meal cat, sheez.
Coffee!

So happy I can have coffee today, and that my every-5-year procedure is over. The staff at the GI lab was professional and made things as comfortable as possible. Now just waiting on biopsy results, which have always been negative, before.

Glad to hear the eye surgery went well!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom