BYC Café

Morning! I grew some of those green beans last year too. I thought they were some pretty good eating.
We had a long weekend of wrestling, wedding and a family dinner. We have a week of rain and snow and such on tap and I hope to be able to get the horses out seeing as how the warm weekend was spent everywhere but here.
I seriously need some coffee.....

Mornin', y'all!
frow.gif

That's some cool veg, TK. Wonder why the purple color fades out on cooking? We have some bell peppers that are black/purple when "green;" they turn a sort of loden green when cooked (they are red when ripe, and that color doesn't change). I seem to remember some speckled lima beans from my childhood that did the same thing.
idunno.gif

Soggy and 60's here. TK, I'm not sure even your standing spoon coffee will get my engine running this morning, but thanks, it's good stuff!

bean-purple-podded-pole.jpg

planted a few of these in some mineral tubs........

but the true plan is to plant them a few weeks after the okra have germinated.......gonna do a little sister planting, but use okra, instead of corn.....

tell ya'll what, it makes it way easier for the kids to pick beans, when they can see them easier.......lol

okra will be going into the ground hopefully this weekend. I'm doing three different varieties.

burgundy okra
okra-burgundy_1.jpg

eagle pass okra

Eagle-pass-okra-web.jpg

hill country heirloom red okra.
Okra-Hill-Country-Heirloom-Red-TF888-DSC06257.jpg

so far, we are shaped up to be covered with vegetable. if I can keep the worms off of them.

Last edited:
Aw TK you're making me jealous! (And thanks for the coffee)
caf.gif

We're still a way back from putting anything in the ground yet. We did get some rhubarb transplanted from my parents, as well as some asparagus and horseradish...but those will be harvested in future years.

I'm hoping by July, I'll have some veggies to rival yours
smile.png
But this being our first summer, I expect more challenges then successes in the garden

Good Morning, Café
frow.gif

It is a wet and dark and wet morning here, did I say wet yet?
It should stop raining for the most part by mid-day, only one more inch or so till we are done.
I had 2.75 inches in the rain gauges at sundown last night.
I hope that all are OK and nobody has to put waterwings on their chickens.
Coffee and Tea water are ready.
Have a good day!
Scott

Morning Scott & everyone!

We were sunshiny yesterday morning and rain/snow last night...who knows what today's weather will bring (it's 34* right now).

Really enjoyed the garden produce pictures, everything looks so green and fresh!

Thanks for the coffee Scott...have a good day to all!

Back
Top Bottom