BYC Café

Spring? What's spring? :lol: What corner of ON are you in?

I name all my stew birds. Hasn't made it harder for me to do 'it' as of yet, despite the conventional advice. (Maybe I'm just callous. :hmm)

Ya, I don't think naming would make much difference around here. I guess I just can't be bothered with that many birds. Names that have come up: Barney (rooster), Subordinate (roo), Quasimodo, Mama Hen, The Three Musketeers. So it's all just situational.

I feel like winter's barely started (compared to the 3 week deep freeze we had last winter) but it's hard not to think of spring as soon as the new year starts :) Especially as March (slowly) draws nearer!

I'm south-eastern; 40 min north of Lake Ontario

Ya, I don't think naming would make much difference around here. I guess I just can't be bothered with that many birds. Names that have come up: Barney (rooster), Subordinate (roo), Quasimodo, Mama Hen, The Three Musketeers. So it's all just situational.

I feel like winter's barely started (compared to the 3 week deep freeze we had last winter) but it's hard not to think of spring as soon as the new year starts :) Especially as March (slowly) draws nearer!

I'm south-eastern; 40 min north of Lake Ontario
Last winter was even worse for sure. The birds are thankful for a bit of above-zero weather.

Okay, I'm late to the party. Good afternoon, Café - grabbed a cup to go this morning and just brewed another pot for the crew.

Speaking of bites...I'm going to take a big one out of DH's hide before long. He slipped on some ice yesterday and sprained his wrist. He's such a grouch!

Anyone in the market for one slightly battered grouch ol guy? I'll pay for shipping.

It's been scientifically proven that men have more pain receptors than women.

:gigYea but you're a woman. We all know women are stronger than men ;)

What I said above. :tongue

Here is a random picture of our super vigilant watch dog on duty!:p
20190206_101619.jpg

Just in case anyone feels like giving a belly rub...

I will! He’s so precious! Who could resist such a sweet puppy :love

Also, can I borrow him? Maybe having a big guard dog like that bark a few times will scare off some of these coyotes around here.... they’ve been getting too close for comfort lately. He can go right back to sleeping afterwards and I pay well in belly rubs and treats :lau

I will! He’s so precious! Who could resist such a sweet puppy :love8

Also, can I borrow him? Maybe having a big guard dog like that bark a few times will scare off some of these coyotes around here.... they’ve been getting too close for comfort lately. He can go right back to sleeping afterwards and I pay well in belly rubs and treats :lau
He is a pretty good guard dog, but looks alot like a coyote! He could be a paid informant! :gig
He's really good with the chickens too, has always been since they were chicks. He is very gentle even when they peck his nose leather. But I never leave him alone with them.

Back
Top Bottom