BYC Café

Coffee is ready.

I picked up my keepsake urn and cremation necklace for Dave yesterday. I thought I was also picking up the main urn as the son told me they'd both gone home to VA and WV. His sister drove all the way up from WV to get him because she didn't want me to have him. What a petty little ant. It was she that wrote that horrible obit too. Don't they realize they can NEVER keep him from me? He will be a part of me forever. I have my bit of his physical self and all of my memories and feelings and they can never take that from me.

I have decided I'm going to have a celebration of life for him this Sept near his birthday. It will be in the Heritage Center in Endicott. We met and worked in Endicott and all his former co-workers and friends commuted there so the venue is perfect. I will most assuredly NOT be inviting his family to attend. I'm so done with all their judgy crap.
😵Abducting the urn... This leaves me speechless!

I think Bella has developed DCM. I need to get a 24 hr Holter done on her and get her started on the drug cocktail. She will be #4 out of 6 Dobies of mine to die from it.
How old is Bella now? Sorry to read that she is not doing well. Hopefully, she will be able to live some more unencumbered years with the right medication and management.

My little Fritz was diagnosed with a shriveled mitral valve at the age of 3 years, not even able to climb the stairs to the office anymore.
Various vets predicted him to have no more than a year left to live, provided he would not be allowed off leash, no more running, cycling tours, playing fetch or hunting etc. Which would have been no life at all for him.

But I changed the prescribed vet medication to treatment for humans and adding spironolactone to the mix. He lived for 10 more years and had a full and adventurous life running free, playing with our other dogs and doing everything he loved to his hearts content until his last day.

Attachments

• Fritzel19September2010 061.jpg
    Fritzel19September2010 061.jpg
    897.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
How old is Bella now? Sorry to read that she is not doing well. Hopefully, she will be able to live some more unencumbered years with the right medication and management.
She's 8.5 years old. I looked through the papers I got from the breeder I adopted her from when she was 4.5 years old and she has one of the genes that causes DCM. I'll let the woman know if she is diagnosed with it. The ethical thing for her to do is to inform the owners of Bella's offspring so they can monitor their dogs more closely.

At this point, she's already lived longer than 3 of my past Dobies, 2 of which had sudden death from DCM.

She isn't doing bad. She still gives a good 10 minute blast of running when we first get to the fields but then tends to just walk along with me with a few bouts of exploring.

I think she's having arrhythmia episodes that scare her. She'll be resting and then just bolt up and run off. When I put my hand on her chest I can feel her heart beating really fast. She did it again last night. I'll make an appointment for the vet to listen to her heart and see if he hears a murmur. That's typically the first sign.

Brodhi's mom has access to a Holter monitor from her former breeder so I can put it on her and send the data to a cardiologist to read it then get the report back to my vet so he'll prescribe the cocktail: Pimobendan, benazepril and furosemide.

Friends are the family we make for ourselves.
I've loved that phrase, ever since I first saw it in your signature. :love
I think Bella has developed DCM. I need to get a 24 hr Holter done on her and get her started on the drug cocktail. She will be #4 out of 6 Dobies of mine to die from it.
Our second Dobe died of heart issues. Probably this, by the description.

RIP, Raven.

Good morning, all a rainy day DW daughter came down for a weekend visit and to get her brakes done a 6 hour driver for her.
Made a few batches of freeze dried candy for our new venture for some extra income, won't see any return for a wile. Picked up some potato for planting and some free Turnips can't wait to save and process soon.
Went with DW yesterday to see her doctor, she's been battling issue her knee since before we met. I finely pushed her to get it fixed, she tried different shots the first lasted a month or two, the gel didn't work at all. So she's getting a total knee replacement in a few moths. She got to get cleared and will be on blood thinners as she's a three time cancer survivor.

She's 8.5 years old. I looked through the papers I got from the breeder I adopted her from when she was 4.5 years old and she has one of the genes that causes DCM. I'll let the woman know if she is diagnosed with it. The ethical thing for her to do is to inform the owners of Bella's offspring so they can monitor their dogs more closely.

At this point, she's already lived longer than 3 of my past Dobies, 2 of which had sudden death from DCM.

She isn't doing bad. She still gives a good 10 minute blast of running when we first get to the fields but then tends to just walk along with me with a few bouts of exploring.

I think she's having arrhythmia episodes that scare her. She'll be resting and then just bolt up and run off. When I put my hand on her chest I can feel her heart beating really fast. She did it again last night. I'll make an appointment for the vet to listen to her heart and see if he hears a murmur. That's typically the first sign.

Brodhi's mom has access to a Holter monitor from her former breeder so I can put it on her and send the data to a cardiologist to read it then get the report back to my vet so he'll prescribe the cocktail: Pimobendan, benazepril and furosemide.
I wasn’t aware that was an issue for doberman , mine was 12,5 wenn she died of a stomach torsion 😭
IMG_0760.png

Happier times 😎 she was so tall she „sat“ on chairs or here a bench

Back
Top Bottom