BYC Chat Is Live (For Registered Users Only)

The chat worked good but for me, I have a mac, with os9 upgraded and the thing would no scroll the chat for me at all. So in order to keep chatting I had to leave the room and come back in.

I have netscape 7.1 and don't ask me to get safari or firefox they don't have it for my verson os, cause I checked.

Arklady

I tried a cou;e times to get in...nothing happened...
idunno.gif

Hi everyone,

I am in Australia and have a question I am hoping someone or many can help me with. I am a backyardchicken person, have several 'out the back' one of which over the last week has lost almost every feather, I mean this poor darling looks like a plucked chook.
I have now put her into a seperate area which is warmer ( an old guinea pig hutch and run) but as this has never happened before can you please give me some ideas on what I need to do.
I have one mature rooster and 3 or four young ones ( pretty sure they are going to be roosters) there has been no fighting or screaming that I am aware of, just feel so horrible my "Wonni" is naked. All up there are 15 hens and the above mentioned males.

Thankyou

sherrinvale, There are tons of very chicken educated people here and i hope someone has an answer for you! However from my knowledge is it possible that they are molting,have you noticed the others losing feathers as well? do you see spiney lookling quils growing in? Your're approaching winter there right? so it is certainly a molting season for you, Hope somenone here can help you figure this out, keep us updated
wink.png

It really sounds like your rooster has really flipped for the girl and will not leave her alone. Over aggressive mateing will do it. Time on her own to get feathers back and then reintroduce her and monitor her is the best suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom