BYC Chat Is Live (For Registered Users Only)

Quote:
I'm still getting feedback from people that have used the new chat and working out some bugs.

I think this chat should be fine for general use, but I'm not sure it is ready for "prime time" chatting with more that 10 people at a time.

Sorry I haven't checked in recently--this is the height of my field season (wildlife biologist) so I'll be gone for a few days at a time!

I got to use the new chat for just a little bit ---I'm on there now waiting to see if anyone else joins.

So...here's what I think so far. I like it. My first impression was bad --but it turned out good once I started using it.

I tried the PM feature, very minor amount, and it seemed to work. I like that it works in a "tab" format.

so here's mylist

(++++) it did its job
(+) smilies are easy!
(+) font color is changeable (fewer choices, but that's ok)
(+) font size is GREAT- I can read it without squinting!
(++) tells you when someone joins/leaves
(+++) it has PM
(++) PM is in tab feature
(+) you can hide the time people post each line
(+) you can hide the user's list (making the chat area bigger)
(++) it has a chime, so when you're just waiting for someone to come in, you can turn it on and not "forget".
(+) you can turn off the chime, but the "tab" still blinks to notify you someone has chatted....or so it seemed

(----) You can change your user name (this is only a negative as it could confuse everyone and potential cause problems)
(-) people's names are a preset color, and if it's a hard on the eyes color you can't kindly ask the person to change it (in my case, the person I was chatting with was Neon Green--and it was giving me a headache!)

(neutral) I'd like to see how it works (speed) with more people
(neutral) Is it free?

looking for it to go "prime time" and test the 10+ people thing.

Sandra

I have found that if you hit the F5 key to refresh the page, It will change the color of the user names. It changes all of the old colors. I have yet to try it when someone else is in the room.
caf.gif
One other thing I found was that there are 3 little colored boxes on the lower left. Clicking on it will give all users the same color.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom