BYC Chat Is Live (For Registered Users Only)

I agree with Chic Chick, they might be more enjoyable if they were all in one cause you know either way, there's going to be "chicken talk"... which will lead to chicken loving friends. Right? But I've never managed a website either so what do I know? Lol. You are doing so good! I can't believe how addictive this site is! A chatroom is a great addition!

One of my favorite / most needed features in a chat program is the ability to show how many people and possibly who are in chat on every page of the forum. I'm looking into this feature which should help everyone know when someone is in chat or not.

I'm not "sold" on this program, but thanks to everyone for their feedback and for helping to kick the tires.

That is one thing that I noticed, the chat part took your online status away from the BYC forum. The way that I got around this was to open a second browser that was logged in to the forum.
wee.gif

its looks very kewl niftychick... though i felt abit sad because i had a conversation with myself in there
hit.gif

Yeah definately having that showing who's in the chat... people will be like.. Oh! someone is in there... lets see whats going on!
cool.png
great idea!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I'll keep looking into what can be done about all this stuff. There are things that are "must haves" and others that are "nice to haves" and I'm not sure that this one has all the "must haves".

Carole AM, I'll look into your problem, but nobody else is experiencing it... maybe try to resize your window smaller to see if that changes anything or try a different internet browser.

those going into chat and they see me in there, if i don't respond right away, it's cuz i'm in the byc.com window. i don't have the capability to open both of them at the same time and since i'm at work, i can't turn the volume up to hear when someone posts.

have patience with me, and please don't leave. i promise to come back.

thanks.

Just had my first chat experience there and it was very nice.
Easy to use and read. I didn't hear anything when someone signed in, but certainly could see who was there.
Very interesting, and may use it again in future.
I think I have to learn to type faster, though! LOL!

Well, I couldn't find this thread that was right in front of my eyes a couple days ago...so I had posted in the other feedback thread.....

I thought it would be better to copy it here...

PRO
*Overall does the job
*Seems you get the functions we will want if you buy the full version (pm mainly)
*You can modify fonts to make for easier reading
*can check history from before you log on (pretty cool)

CON
*Font is way too small (my poor eyes)
*Background is too blue (my poor eyes)- fixable with full version
*While using EZ chat and Blab at the same time--I ended up liking EZ chat overall better.

Well--that's my initial feeling (on my one time testing mode)
Overall - Iwould rather have this chat here than none.

adding...I'm not sure why I ended up liking EZ better, but I suspect it had a lot to do with the font size and background color.

Sandra

i would like the back ground color changed. you couldn't see certain font colors with the blue background so we ended up limited in font colors we could use.

and some kind of notice when someone comes in. i felt rude not saying hi, cuz unlike ez or yahoo, it doesn't tell you when someone has entered the chat.

i tried and turned on the sound hoping that would alert me to someone coming in but i didn't hear anything.

overall, it did it's job well.

Back
Top Bottom