BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
You mentioned that you mix your own feed. I am interested in that option. We have a small homestead poultry farm. We are committed to 100% organic feed. The cost over the last few years is really getting difficult to handle. I have to sell my excess eggs and meat at higher prices than I would like. Do you have any insight to sourcing the necessary feed components that are also organic. Spring through fall our flock is about 60 layers, 30-40 rosters, and 1-2 dozens each of turkeys ducks and geese. I can easily go through 100 pounds of feed a day when most are mature.

Tom Tracy and family

Were you asking about me? We do mix our own food, but we don't do organic. At that point it would be so expensive we'd never be able to maintain it. We feed a mixture of whole grains, high-protein supplements, and alfalfa.

Were you asking about me? We do mix our own food, but we don't do organic. At that point it would be so expensive we'd never be able to maintain it. We feed a mixture of whole grains, high-protein supplements, and alfalfa.

Thanks for answering. Eventually I will get the hang of posting and responding. I was really hoping you had the organic holy grail so to speak. It is very difficult to maintain that standard given the cost which seems rather unfair. I will keep searching. Thanks again

Wow lots of Mass BYC members!! Hello to everyone!!
clap.gif

Hey guys. Good to see some fellow Massachusetts people here! I just started here. I'm from western Mass near Pittsfield. A lot of the chickens I deal with are at the place I work: Hancock Shaker Village. Recognize it? Any chickie people near me?
Hello! I live in West Lebanon (NY) and drive by Hancock shaker Village several days a week! There is also a western Ma thread.

A former MA resident here! Just outside in Tiverton, RI ! I work in Mass.....LOL

We were discussing going as well.....

Back
Top Bottom