BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
I'm not in Mass, but I'm not too far! NH seacoast. Just got my 2nd year babies yesterday. Last year we got Golden Comets and they have been unbelievable layers! We just got Reds which i hear have the same reputation. They are so cute when they are babies!

Hi All, I'm a chick Mom from Mass! We just picked up 4 silkies and 4 brahmas and our very excited about our new flock. Any help or advice for a newbie is much appreciated.

Hi All, I'm a chick Mom from Mass!  We just picked up 4 silkies and 4 brahmas and our very excited about our new flock.  Any help or advice for a newbie is much appreciated.  

Congratulations on the new additions! I have two dark brahma hens and they are the gentlest birds in my flock (the biggest too!). Brahmas are one of my favorite breeds. Good luck with them.

Howdy all! I have a hen that has gone broody and I was thinking of getting some hatching eggs for her. First, any experts believe this may be a bad idea? If not, anyone in metro west selling hatching eggs? I prefer laying breeds but I'm not picky.

Thanks all!

Dear Eastern MA folks,

I have 5 Black Copper Marans chicks (Bev Davis line) that hatched out a few weeks ago that I would like to sell.
I also have 3 rare South American chicks that are a week old (2 Huastec & 1 Black Quechua Olmec).
I usually ask $10 a chick. But if someone wanted everything, I'd love to make a deal. PM me if your interested....
Yashar

Hello all my fellow New Englanders :) So glad to have found this thread!
ya.gif
There's such a mass of information on here, and being a newbie to trying to raise chickens, it's stressing me out. I was wondering if you could tell me where you bought your chicks. I am only looking for 3-5 females, and I don't want to have them shipped from TX or somewhere far. I'd rather buy locally. Any suggestions? I was thinking Orps, Sussex, maybe a BR. Also, do I have to run wiring to my coop to keep it warm (or to keep the water from freezing) during the winter? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom