BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
there are a few swaps coming up that may be close enough for you all to be able to attend

saturday march 20th 9-1 Dodges agway rte 1 hampton falls, nh they have some indoor space incase of weather

saturday april 17th 9-1 Dodges agway in plaistow, nh no rain date scheduled at this time!

Oh sweet! I may head up to the Plaistow swap to sell my extra chicks and see if I can find a blrw
smile.png
**Crosses fingers for nice weather** I had so much fun at the swaps last year, can't wait to see everyone again.

Whats the cost of the swap? I have a bunch of chicks that I bought from Mcmurray hatchery. I only want 12 but had to buy 25. Right now there 2 weeks old and doing really good. Should I wait till there 20 weeks or 10 weeks to sell? Does it matter? I have naked necks ,Delawares, buff rocks , Partridge rocks and BLACK AUSTRALORPS . Not sure how much I should ask for them? Thanks Scotty

If I get chicks in late March, could I assume they'd be able to be out in the coop without heat by mid May in our area?

*My first trip away is May 13th (my son is graduating from Vanderbilt in Tennessee so we have a 4 day weekend planned...I can't believe I forgot that when planning spring chicks!
roll.png
)

I don't want to go away and have a heat lamp left on unsupervised for long periods of time.

Hello Everyone
smile.png

The New England Bantam Club Is Having A swap meet:

At Sheep Pasture, 307 Main Street, Easton, MA
NOTE: April 3rd Swap Meet date change to April 10th.

The New England Bantam Club Has Grown the past month and I hope to see it grow more, Bye seeing you there
wink.png
!

Quote:
the swaps are free, it doesnt matter the age, if you bring chicks you will want to have some sort of heat source it is still cold. i think now that i reread they should be well started you shouldnt have to worry. and price for started i would guess to be about $8 each maybe depending i guess

Quote:
as long as they are fully feathered they can be, or maybe you could think about just a regular bulb at that point, 60 watt not so scary as the heat lamp but enough to keep them warm if they are cold

Back
Top Bottom