BYC Poo Page - Warning, Pictures

Probably, but I'll never be sure, 'cause I treated her with Corid, Safeguard, metronidazole and Baytril.

-Kathy

my vet told me that green poop is bacterial but I am not sure if it can be something else as well.

I have a pullet with normal poop but she is skinny. she does not loose wait but not gain either. my flock has just got rid of fowl pox. what can I feed her to help her gain weight? she is kind of anorexic and picky about food.

It was probably a bacterial infection, but I have a history of blackhead and enteritis, so that's what I treat for.

You could try feeding her some turkey or gamebird starter, that should help. Or tube feed her.

-Kathy

It was probably a bacterial infection, but I have a history of blackhead and enteritis, so that's what I treat for.

You could try feeding her some turkey or gamebird starter, that should help. Or tube feed her.

-Kathy

thanks. I will look for turkey starter (if there is at all) as the others are not available here. there has been shortage of feed as people cannot afford to pay. chicken starter has 14,7% protein only! I found a 18% crumbles but I must go to the mainland for that. I supplement my chickens with boiled eggs for proteins.

-Kathy

thanks. I will look for turkey starter (if there is at all) as the others are not available here. there has been shortage of feed as people cannot afford to pay. chicken starter has 14,7% protein only! I found a 18% crumbles but I must go to the mainland for that. I supplement my chickens with boiled eggs for proteins.

Eggs are not very high in protein. You could try adding a little dry cat food, that's usually 30%.

-Kathy

Cecal poop vs regular poop

These are overnight poops from a 7 year old rooster that appears to be quite healthy. On the left is a normal cecal poop, on the right are pretty normal regular poops, though one pile has a little spec of red.

This is the same poop moved to a paper towel. regular poop on top, cecal on bottom.

Same poop again. Notice the creamy texture of the cecal poop compared to the regular poop. Interestingly, I think maybe I can see a cecal worm in this picture. Will go back and see if I can verify.

Normal peafowl cecal poop:

Abnormal peafowl cecal poop:

Abnormal chicken poop:

-Kathy

Last edited:
Cecal poop vs regular poop

These are overnight poops from a 7 year old rooster that appears to be quite healthy. On the left is a normal cecal poop, on the right are pretty normal regular poops, though one pile has a little spec of red.

This is the same poop moved to a paper towel. regular poop on top, cecal on bottom.

Same poop again. Notice the creamy texture of the cecal poop compared to the regular poop. Interestingly, I think maybe I can see a cecal worm in this picture. Will go back and see if I can verify.

Normal peafowl cecal poop:

Abnormal peafowl cecal poop:

Abnormal chicken poop:

-Kathy
are those minute worms in chicken poop? they are my nightmare. I worm my chickens, they expel dead worms and a few days later I find more. I worm them again and they come back again.

not the best pic, I hope you can see them

these were dead. expelled after garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper mixed in feed. but still many alive left.

there is a piece of wood bedding bottom left, not round worm.

Back
Top Bottom