BYC Recognition Awards - Educator, Friend, Spirit, & Greeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we clarify a couple of rules regarding nominations?

I understand the rules to mean you don't ask another member to nominate you. And you don't publicly discuss who you nominated.

Is this how nominations are supposed to work (or am I being a nitpicker)?
That is correct, yes. We prefer that nominations don't get discussed in public, so the members that got nominated don't know about it, in case they don't get the award for some reason.

As for asking to be nominated, that is a no-no. We want nominees to be spotted and nominated anonymously by members who genuinely appreciate their contributions and feel they should be awarded.

That is correct, yes. We prefer that nominations don't get discussed in public, so the members that got nominated don't know about it, in case they don't get the award for some reason.

As for asking to be nominated, that is a no-no. We want nominees to be spotted and nominated anonymously by members who genuinely appreciate their contributions and feel they should be awarded.

Thank you Sumi, I appreciate the clarification.

P.S. @Pork Pie Ken thanks for your posting.

I understand the rules to mean you don't ask another member to nominate you. And you don't publicly discuss who you nominated.

That is it exactly. If you ask for nominations, you will be disqualified for that quarter. Discussing who you nominated leads to hurt feelings if for some reason that badge is not awarded. It can also lead to a situation of "Oh you nominated me, I feel obligated to nominate you", which is against the spirit of the badges.
If you see any of this, please alert me right away so I can remove those posts.

x2. I've seen quite a bit of " I nominated you for a badge" on profile messages going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom