BYC Writing/Reading/Gaming Club

Meri Maura

May 2024 bring less misery 🥂
Feb 6, 2021
the BYC underground
My Coop
My Coop
This thread is for people who write/are interested in writing novels, articles, web pages, video games, guides, and people who enjoy reading or playing RPGs and novels. Basically anything creative! I personally love reading and recently decided to write a fantasy novel featuring chickens as main characters and later convert the book into an RPG. I also love playing GOOD video games and several years ago I was gifted with RPG Makers MV and VX Ace. Since then I have been making short games myself, and I plan to finish Hens of Fire, a full length RPG, in 2023. I am inspired by my favorite game, Breath of the Wild, currently and hope to make my games just as detailed and fun too play! My favorite book series is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which I have read all 6 books of over and over!
Please share your creativity and hobbies and make sure to follow BYC's content rules!

I love to write and have mostly done short stories but plan to publish a full length series someday! I like to play video games too but dont get to do it often as 6 other children hog the Xbox in the afternoon😕. I'm working on playing my way through Halo 4. My siblings were soooo scared of the Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie😅. It was a while before i was able to take the night light out of the bedroom

I write, sparingly and with great intervals between. I have 3 entire realities fleshed out for 3 different types of fiction/fantasy, detailed character sketches, world building, random snippets describing places or ideas that don't necessarily have a home because they need to be expanded on (as example, a description of a secluded grove on a hillside that I had a dream about in vivid detail, or a rough description of a person but nothing specific other than "they had blue eyes and a beard", stuff like that)

I have so many things that consume my time I don't get a lot of time to devote to writing. I do have a 3-6 year old age book finished, my wife is illustrating it and then we're going to try and pitch it or perhaps self pub. That market is very competitive so we'll see.

I am a very avid reader, currently working my way through the Wheel of Time series, I'm on Book 9 right now. I like to read books in tandem as well, and usually work on two books at once. I read my 15-book goal in 2023 and was very happy to do so.

I have always loved to write and have a BA in English Lit from UCLA, but alas I have not been writing for many years. I always seem to have a PIECE of a story but when I try to flesh it out, I can't get anywhere. Alas...the writer's block is real.

I love playing DnD and other table top RPG type games. A chicken-based RPG @Meri Maura?! Sign me up! That sounds like a clucking good time 🤩

If anyone ever needs a beta-reader or just someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm your chick. Or if anyone wants to talk about TTRPG stuff...I am ravenous for all that stuff.

I am a very avid reader, currently working my way through the Wheel of Time series, I'm on Book 9 right now. I like to read books in tandem as well, and usually work on two books at once. I read my 15-book goal in 2023 and was very happy to do so.
Wow, I thought I was an avid reader......I haven't had time to read this year unfortunately... :(
I have always loved to write and have a BA in English Lit from UCLA, but alas I have not been writing for many years. I always seem to have a PIECE of a story but when I try to flesh it out, I can't get anywhere. Alas...the writer's block is real.
The same thing happened to me. I was writing a novel, got 2 chapters in, and realized that the story was going way too fast, but I didn't know how to slow it down without making it boring. I have t worked on it in several months, but I think I will start again :)
I love playing DnD and other table top RPG type games. A chicken-based RPG @Meri Maura?! Sign me up! That sounds like a clucking good time 🤩
Yes, I stopped working on my 2d rpg maker bx ace versions so I could pursue 3d games in unreal engine 5, which is a LOT harder than I thought.....I will post more updates as I work through the basics.
If anyone ever needs a beta-reader or just someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm your chick. Or if anyone wants to talk about TTRPG stuff...I am ravenous for all that stuff.
Yay!! I will be sending you my story once I have edited it ;)

apparently-just-vibing-with-story-ideas-does-not-make-stories-appear-fully-written-word-document.png

Back
Top Bottom