Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

It would be nice. I luckily live less than a mile away and can get surplus and extras :)
Lucky for you! I've got 20 birds now after two years so I'm pretty set on how many I want/need for the Spring, but a 50 chick waterfowl special would've been great..... Guess that's a little bit more expensive!

eh the ducks really aren't more expensive and goose price is comparable to turkey prices so I don't think it's a price issue. I think it's more they don't wanna take the chance on hatching out that many waterfowl. They are harder to sale. When I went to get my few blue swedes a few days ago They had tons of extra ducklings almost a week old just waiting in brooders. Hatched way more than were ordered.

eh the ducks really aren't more expensive and goose price is comparable to turkey prices so I don't think it's a price issue. I think it's more they don't wanna take the chance on hatching out that many waterfowl. They are harder to sale. When I went to get my few blue swedes a few days ago They had tons of extra ducklings almost a week old just waiting in brooders. Hatched way more than were ordered.
Ducks I think are over-hatched, you can't get enough geese honestly, they sell out SOO fast. It took me three days to find a hatchery that actually had geese for sale so late (this past week), because I had to order some more after selling some males. Since geese have such a small window to lay eggs, people snatch them up quick.

Ducks I think are over-hatched, you can't get enough geese honestly, they sell out SOO fast. It took me three days to find a hatchery that actually had geese for sale so late (this past week), because I had to order some more after selling some males. Since geese have such a small window to lay eggs, people snatch them up quick.
Indeed , I'm hoping My pilgrim goose gets back to laying soon. She had just started to lay when she decided to molt. I want some goslings!

Probably wont be laying until next Spring then! I think once it gets too hot they quit laying.
eh I dunno I've heard several say they start laying again if they go into molt real early in the laying. She only laid 4 eggs. I should know in another couple weeks. Also possible fall laying, some geese will do that. Shhh let me have my hope.

I have a pair of african goslings that are 15 week and another pair that are 3 weeks. They are my favorite lol. I got my younger pair in the surprise and they were marked as to which gender they were. My older ones are gender confused to say the least lol. Goslings are so much more sociable than chicks though.

I have a pair of african goslings that are 15 week and another pair that are 3 weeks. They are my favorite lol. I got my younger pair in the surprise and they were marked as to which gender they were. My older ones are gender confused to say the least lol. Goslings are so much more sociable than chicks though.

That's why I would love to have 50 of them! ;)

Quote:
There is hope. I had Toulouse geese and they would lay in the barn in the dead of winter. We had a spell of bad weather and I herded everyone into the barn while it was -4 out for the high with whipping winds. 2 weeks later she had a clutch of 8 eggs she was sitting on. (I did not let her keep them since it was dead of winter and I did NOT want dead babies.)
She would also lay in August as well.

Back
Top Bottom