Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

When did you get your large boxes? What all did you get? The mini box sounds exciting too! Keep me updated when it comes.
my hatch dates for the 2 boxes were 2/19 and 4/1. it takes 2 days to get to me from the hatchery, so I got them 2/21 and 4/3.
HUGE varieties, lots of fancy breeds in this more recent one, I expect because people are panic ordering all the layers now. but I got a bunch of feather foots, and some intersting pretty varieties that usually run $10+ per chick (jubilee orpington, lavender orpington, red shoulder yokohama, gold phoenix etc)

Sultan
Blue Hamburg
Buff Orpington
WCB Polish
Easter Egger
White Things
Dominique
Silver Laced Polish
White Cochin
BBB Turkey
BBW Turkey
Silver Laced Hamburg
Lakenvelder
SL Spitzhauben
Welsummer?
Barred Rock
White Polish
White Yokohama
Red Shoulder Yokohama
Black Jersey Giant
Barnvelder
New Hampshire
Cuckoo Marans
Partridge Cochin
Houdan
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Golden Spitzhauben
Buff Polish
Sumatra
Blue Cochin
Black Sex Link
Golden Laced Polish

That's the list of breeds in the Hatchery Surprise that I received today--multiples of many of the varieties. Some of the breeds might be wrong--like I'm pretty sure one of the Easter eggers is a lavendar Ameraucana, and the Welsummer could be brown Leghorn, etc. I think 48 total... but could have counted wrong. Also included were extras of specific breeds I ordered (barred Rock bantams, and Rhode Island red bantams)

I got my mini surprise this morning. Quite a few poof heads (Polish), some fuzzy feets (cochins) and a bunch of others of all makes and models - I forgot to count as I put them in but I had NO DOAs. I haven't really sat down to figure out what the rest are but I got THREE DUCKLINGS!!!!! :yesss: Two brown stripey ones and a yellow one. I hope at least one is a female.

I got my mini surprise this morning. Quite a few poof heads (Polish), some fuzzy feets (cochins) and a bunch of others of all makes and models - I forgot to count as I put them in but I had NO DOAs. I haven't really sat down to figure out what the rest are but I got THREE DUCKLINGS!!!!! :yesss: Two brown stripey ones and a yellow one. I hope at least one is a female.
Sounds like you got a good mix.. congrats

That’s a lot of birds. I guess you don’t have a choice on gender eh? I don’t have enough room for all them birds. My nosy neighbors would flip. They are already not too keen on my 5 hens.
No gender choice, but it seems they try to give you a good amount of hens from what I've read/ heard/ seen. I'll know more in a few weeks🤗

Back
Top Bottom