Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Our first Cackle Hatchery Surprise #1 for 2014 is here !!!
wee.gif

A total of 49 chicks !!!!
We got quite a few silkies, polish, 1 turken (odd looking little thing), EE's and some bantams.

I am not sure if I have old English bantams are not.
Never had them before.

Here are their first pictures !!!
Yeah! Are they as loud and crazy as my group?!

Don't worry everybody, most of the 16 lbs was box--they were in one of those giant boxes for 100 birds, but one compartment was empty. I'm guessing I got 75ish birds total--2 are ducks. 25 were specifically-ordered breeds (ordered 20, they sent a couple extras, I think).

I have to wait until my daughter takes a nap to know what's there, and how many. Off the bat there are at least 4 silkies, some Welsummer (they look just like the ordered Welsummer anyhow), EEs, a handful of bantams, maybe some Delaware, maybe a Spitzhauben, one Polish... hmm... can't remember any others... couple barred birds....

Last edited:
Don't worry everybody, most of the 16 lbs was box--they were in one of those giant boxes for 100 birds, but one compartment was empty. I'm guessing I got 75ish birds total--2 are ducks. 25 were specifically-ordered breeds.

I have to wait until my daughter takes a nap to know what's there, and how many. Off the bat there are at least 4 silkies, some Welsummer (they look just like the ordered Welsummer anyhow), EEs, a handful of bantams, maybe some Delaware, maybe a Spitzhauben, one Polish... hmm... can't remember any others... couple barred birds....
I was soooo looking forward to baby t-rex pics! Were they all chicks?

~~so for I know we have ...
6 silkies

1 turken

1 golden laced polish

4 houdens

3 easter eggers

3 Austria Whites

2 Splash Old English

That I can identify. Many more to go :)

Last edited:
HAHA I didn't get any of those turken freaks!

I'm a bit bummed that I don't see any Houdan--Cackle has excellent Houdans according to the Houdan thread (or at least they did have one of the best breeder flocks a couple years ago).

Back
Top Bottom