Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
HAHA I didn't get any of those turken freaks!

I'm a bit bummed that I don't see any Houdan--Cackle has excellent Houdans according to the Houdan thread (or at least they did have one of the best breeder flocks a couple years ago).
I love turkens!!! I never would have ordered them on their own but we got 2 in our surprise last year, both were pullets, they laid all winter w/o extra light. Their eggs aren't as large as our sex link girls and they weren't laying machines like them either but they were consistent. They can be hard to look at until you get use to them...lol

I'm not a huge fan of the Houdan...to bad we don't live closer!

I love turkens!!! I never would have ordered them on their own but we got 2 in our surprise last year, both were pullets, they laid all winter w/o extra light. Their eggs aren't as large as our sex link girls and they weren't laying machines like them either but they were consistent. They can be hard to look at until you get use to them...lol

I'm not a huge fan of the Houdan...to bad we don't live closer!
I really want a turken in my surprise. Hubby says we can't order any on purpose b/c they freak him out. But if we got one as a surprise I figure it is ok!

I really want a turken in my surprise. Hubby says we can't order any on purpose b/c they freak him out. But if we got one as a surprise I figure it is ok!
We were the same way until the surprise. We have 2 hens from last year and I ordered 9 pullets from Ideal this year. We are hoping there might have been a sexing mistake, or our one from our surprise this year, will be a rooster. I REALLY don't want a rooster but I like that the naked neck trait is dominant so if we do hatch it will carry over. There are some super cute NN crosses on here! I should have just ordered a rooster...lol

He saw this thread today and said we aren't getting that many are we. I honestly told him we don't know what we are going to get lol

He saw this thread today and said we aren't getting that many are we. I honestly told him we don't know what we are going to get lol

It's always best to say that. I read through this thread before I ordered and knew that we could get a bunch (secretly I hope a TON) but only told my husband it is a surprise.
wink.png

Last edited:

It's always best to say that. I read through this thread before I ordered and knew that we could get a bunch (secretly I hope a TON) but only told my husband it is a surprise.
wink.png
I know I told my husband last year how many we might possibly get and he swore when we were getting ready for them the day before I never told him we might get that many...so my advice is go ahead and tell them, they aren't listening anyways!
lau.gif

So we ordered another surpise again. Lol it shipped today and should be here by Friday

Edited cause I apparently don't know my days of the week lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom