Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
I don't think it matters a whole lot. I have gotten some nice chickens from Murray McMurray.

Would you guys all mind helping me out?? I know this is off the original topic, but thought you might not mind.

Our 4-H leader has been telling the kids ,if they want to order from a hatchery to order from Cackle, as they have the best quality of all the hatcherys.

Everyone keeps asking me my opinion, but I've never seen adults from cackle, so if you wouldn't mind would you post some pictures of adult birds from Cackle. I know some kids want Sebrights, and another wants bantam brahmas, but would appreciate pics of all the breeds, both bantam and LF. So I can give an honest opinion

Look at the breeder flock videos on the pages for those breeds.

Buff Brahma Bantam
Golden Seabright
Silver Seabright

Like everybody I'm sure, they do better with some breeds than others.

Last edited:
I've been reading through this thread in anticipation. I just got the call from cackle that my chicks are leaving tonight. I ordered 2 surprise specials, requesting no turkeys, and1 hungry man. I can hardly wait! I only live 3 hours away but since I was calving and lambing I didn't get to drive down to pick them like I hoped. So...I have to wait. Trying to stay patient while so excited...

Our second surprise is on its way. Weighing 5lbs. :)
Stupid question here, but where does it show you the weight? I just checked mine, it says Dispatched to Sort Facility for the status with the tracking #, but I don't see where on the USPS site or the auto e-mail from Cackle where it says the weight.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it. You have to click the link to the Endicia website and then click Shipping Information. I had gone right to the USPS website.

Mine weighs 5lbs. :)

Uh oh... tracking says estimated delivery is Thursday. That's cutting it close to the 3 day mark AND we're supposed to get a foot of snow Wednesday night (and it was 55 degrees today!). Here's hoping they get here ok.

Last edited:
I've been reading through this thread in anticipation. I just got the call from cackle that my chicks are leaving tonight. I ordered 2 surprise specials, requesting no turkeys, and1 hungry man. I can hardly wait! I only live 3 hours away but since I was calving and lambing I didn't get to drive down to pick them like I hoped. So...I have to wait. Trying to stay patient while so excited...

That's going to be a lot of chicks! I can't wait to see what you get!
Our second surprise is on its way. Weighing 5lbs. :)
That's what mine was this last time
big_smile.png

Stupid question here, but where does it show you the weight? I just checked mine, it says Dispatched to Sort Facility for the status with the tracking #, but I don't see where on the USPS site or the auto e-mail from Cackle where it says the weight.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it. You have to click the link to the Endicia website and then click Shipping Information. I had gone right to the USPS website.

Mine weighs 5lbs. :)

Uh oh... tracking says estimated delivery is Thursday. That's cutting it close to the 3 day mark AND we're supposed to get a foot of snow Wednesday night (and it was 55 degrees today!). Here's hoping they get here ok.
Mine always shows 3 days but its always here in 2. You might want to call Cackle to verify.

I got my wake up call from the post office today. I counted 98 chicks, 5 ducks, and 1 turkey. The ducks are 2 khaki and 3 rouens (sp?) Not at all sure about the chicks or turkey yet.

Okay, so any help to what is what is greatly appreciated. I am thinking there are quite a few Old E which would be fantastic. Wish there would have been a polish or something...

Last edited:
Awesome! I can't wait to get mine. The availability list seemed to indicate a lot of Old English Game Birds left, so I'll probably get a bunch of those, too :) I'm hoping for lots of ducks. I was hoping for geese, too. But it doesn't say they have any available.

Awesome! I can't wait to get mine. The availability list seemed to indicate a lot of Old English Game Birds left, so I'll probably get a bunch of those, too :) I'm hoping for lots of ducks. I was hoping for geese, too. But it doesn't say they have any available.
I was hoping for geese too...A little bummed I didn't get any, but the oe and 5 ducks made up for it. Not so sure about the turkey, but my husband was thrilled about it I told him that could be his project. Funny thing is he is a little scared of birds in general. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom