Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Look at the breeder flock videos on the pages for those breeds. 

Buff Brahma Bantam
Golden Seabright
Silver Seabright

Like everybody I'm sure, they do better with some breeds than others.

I got a few silkies from cackle they are 7 months old

The Gang is here !!!!

ALL chickens :) 63 of them.

* * * * 63 * * * *
ya.gif
( = $0.96 a chick ) Wohooo

They are doing great with no DOAs.

Eating and drinking like champs !

*note* they have plenty of room in the brooder. They only wanting to use half the space to help them stay close/warm. Eventually they spread out :)

Last edited:
Got my package this morning! 53 chicks, 2 Peking ducks (hopefully a pair!), and 1 turkey, looks like a Blue Slate. All were alive when we got them, but one ended up getting trampled in the brooder.

Now we are looking through the catalog to see what all kinds we got!

With our losses from our surprises and the amount of chicks 'everyone' else seems to be getting I almost feel disappointed in our surprise!

No kidding! However I'm not sure I could have handled that many chicks--I had 30 others that I ordered specifically.

I'm not sure it's the type of thing I'd be inclined to complain about. I think if the hatchery gets too many calls/emails along the lines of "So-and-so from the interwebs got way more chicks/ducks than I!" they'll stop offering the surprise. It's a surprise and I know it's a gamble when I order it.

I think once I have all the birds out of the brooders I'll have to order another surprise.

Sunday I'll be offloading 15 to a friend, then on Monday I'll trade another 20 for some broilers. Once the broilers are gone and my keepers are feathered out... this is getting out of control.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom