Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Mail my order for cackle hatchery surprise.Can't wait to see what I get.
wee.gif

Be sure to update us with what you get :D

Good luck! I held out this year, but I think I want to try in April when they've got turkeys, ducks and geese as possibilities too.

We may try to get the hatchery surprise next year also. We lost a lot of chickens and guinea to predators in last few weeks.I think the hatchery surprise was a good deal to get and I love surprises.:)

We may try to get the hatchery surprise next year also. We lost a lot of chickens and guinea to predators in last few weeks.I think the hatchery surprise was a good deal to get and I love surprises.
smile.png

That's half the fun -- not knowing what you will receive.

I hope you get a good variety of breeds, though.

I've been playing with the idea of ordering the Hatchery Surprise for months now. And finally did it. Ordered last weekend, and it was at the post office this morning.

I've got to say that I've not had a smoother experience when ordering birds. They were all alive and health looking. 54 lil fluff balls :)

Now I need to identify the breeds. I have about 25 birds that are dark or chipmunk colors. You can tell it's a true assortment. But the other half of the order seems to be all the same breed.

I have 25 of these little guy's. about 25 percent have feather feet. All have the same coloration otherwise. They all seem to have white pin feathers with possibly a little black piping around the white starting already. Hard to tell, because the feathers are just starting. Can anyone help identify them from this pic?

Here are a few of the mixed dark colored breeds they gave me.

Thanks for any info on what breed you think they are.

I've been playing with the idea of ordering the Hatchery Surprise for months now. And finally did it. Ordered last weekend, and it was at the post office this morning. I've got to say that I've not had a smoother experience when ordering birds. They were all alive and health looking. 54 lil fluff balls :) Now I need to identify the breeds. I have about 25 birds that are dark or chipmunk colors. You can tell it's a true assortment. But the other half of the order seems to be all the same breed. look light either light Brahmas or a white or buff cochin I have 25 of these little guy's. about 25 percent have feather feet. All have the same coloration otherwise. They all seem to have white pin feathers with possibly a little black piping around the white starting already. Hard to tell, because the feathers are just starting. Can anyone help identify them from this pic? Here are a few of the mixed dark colored breeds they gave me. silver laced wyandotte possibly barred rock. Thanks for any info on what breed you think they are.
That's the best I can do on the white ones. If they all have feathered feet its easier.

Thank you. I must be blind, or things grow quickly because all of the ones you thought might be light Brahma's have feathered feet now. And they are all showing white feathers with dark grey/black pinstriping. Very hungry lil chicks. They easily eat twice what all the other chicks eat.

As expected based on what I've seen on the sites, I only received chickens because of the time of year.

Below is a pic of 4 of the 6 Bantams (at least I assume they are bantams because of the size). I think they are all of one breed. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the breed of these lil guy's? I can tell you they are half the size of the regular chicks, And they are currently the MOST annoying chicks I've ever had because they keep up a shrill cheep cheep cheep since I removed them from the general population. It sounds like my car alarm. LOL.

Thank you. I must be blind, or things grow quickly because all of the ones you thought might be light Brahma's have feathered feet now. And they are all showing white feathers with dark grey/black pinstriping. Very hungry lil chicks. They easily eat twice what all the other chicks eat.

As expected based on what I've seen on the sites, I only received chickens because of the time of year.

Below is a pic of 4 of the 6 Bantams (at least I assume they are bantams because of the size). I think they are all of one breed. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the breed of these lil guy's? I can tell you they are half the size of the regular chicks, And they are currently the MOST annoying chicks I've ever had because they keep up a shrill cheep cheep cheep since I removed them from the general population. It sounds like my car alarm. LOL.

I don't want to scare you/get your hopes up (depending on your feelings on the matter) but those look like guinea keets to me... maybe I'm crazy, though.

Back
Top Bottom