Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

For those of you who are expecting your chicks very soon from Cackle Hatchery, we received an order of 55 chicks from them this past Friday. As we have been having all this horrible weather recently, many of our chicks didn't make it. On all of our other orders from them we always went to pick them up as we only lived 25 minutes down the road, but we moved to Alabama this past August. We spoke to the Cackle Hatchery customer service and they were just as wonderful as ever. They did give us a full refund of those we lost and suggested that it was truly the weather that was the problem. I guess I just wanted to prepare those of you with pending orders in case your happy day turns as sad as ours... Good luck to everyone and happy chick days!!

For those of you who are expecting your chicks very soon from Cackle Hatchery, we received an order of 55 chicks from them this past Friday. As we have been having all this horrible weather recently, many of our chicks didn't make it. On all of our other orders from them we always went to pick them up as we only lived 25 minutes down the road, but we moved to Alabama this past August. We spoke to the Cackle Hatchery customer service and they were just as wonderful as ever. They did give us a full refund of those we lost and suggested that it was truly the weather that was the problem. I guess I just wanted to prepare those of you with pending orders in case your happy day turns as sad as ours... Good luck to everyone and happy chick days!!

I had a similar issue last spring. I asked for shipping after April 1st to (hopefully) avoid the same issue.

So sorry. I know how you feel. I had my order from ideal all dead as well as the replacements. My surprise box comes next week so I hope it arrives safe. Thank you for the information.

I lost all my blue laced red bantams and one of my east indie ducks from ideal last week. They are reshipping this weds on the same day as my cackle surprise... I'm always a nervous wreck on shipping days. Chicken lubber im so sorry for your loss

Rural king got 500 birds from a different hatchery this week and lost a lot of wellsummers and they shipped them in very cold around zero or worse weather..........i feel them to be unscruppelus mispelled i know they {all hatcheries} should not ship if weather is bad really is a heartbreaker, i lost 13 of 29 shipped in january i ran an all weekend CHICU CHICK INTESIVE CARE UNIT FROM FRIDAY MORNING TO MONDAY MORNING AND SAVED 16 TELL THEM WHEN YOU ORDER PLEASE DONT SHIP IF WEATHER IS TOO COLD

Back
Top Bottom