Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

thy have a bunch of great deals, better than most, thats one of the reasons they are among my favorite large hatcheries

Agreed, and despite the deals I have been much happier with their birds than with any other hatchery birds.
I have always ended up with more pullets than cockerels in the box. My boxes usually include several breeds with 2, 4, etc of each breed. With the "rare" breeds they usually come in pairs. With the common laying breeds (Black Sex Links, production reds) I think I have only gotten pullets. Even in the unsexed breeds (like Silkies) I don't think I have ever had more cockerels than pullets. Maybe I've just been lucky?
They have crazy good deals on all or mostly cockerel packages, so they don't seem to end up with tons of extra males to dump in other deals.

I think I might get the frypan special again this year. 100 freezer-buddies for 38 bucks plus 5 free exotics or 3 free ducks for just 38 doillars is a pretty darn good deal. My free exotics were given away but I know some were pullets. In the frypan birds, I had some sneaky pullets as well. White Rock and Buff Orpington pullets for less than 50 cents is not too shabby!

I just picked up my 2nd hatchery surprise for this year and got a total of 57 no DOA 3 turkeys and 2 ducks and a great assortment! Will post a pic soon!

I agree and the ducks are blue swedish ducks and they are cute!

Oh Wow!
ya.gif
Those are on my wish list. You got another great box. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom