Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

They're so cute! I have a shipment of Easter Egger pullets coming from them this week. My first experience ordering online.

What did you get?  We're all living vicariously through you guys! lol

It was kind of a dramatic day :) I anxiously awaited the call this morning. I fin
[/IMG]ally called them and they told me things were delayed and it would hopefully arrive tomorrow, if not, not until Monday. The postmaster called back minutes later and told me they were actually 2 hrs away. He drove to get them and I had them by 2 pm today. That's customer service for you :) the variety was so-so. I did get about 5 darling silly little guineas. A TON of reddish ones, maybe Rhode island red. A ton of black ones with white dots. And the classic polish, cochins, and misc. One of them was almost dead, but is slowly coming around.

Last edited:
OH MY I would have been beside myself if they had to wait til Monday for a death toll count.

VERY nice of him to go get them for you. He deserves a huge thank you from all of us chicken nuts.

I have been reading through this thread and I couldn't resist!!! I went straight over to Cackle Hatchery's website and ordered the Hatchery Surprise package! OMG. I'm at work. It's 4am. My husband is gonna kill me!
D.gif
hide.gif
D.gif

My brooder sits empty and you all are NOT making it any easier. Such a fast ship date is wonderful. Congrats on all the new little ones you will have.
Don't forget to tell us what kind of mix you are getting.

Oh wow! I ordered REALLY early this morning and I already got an email with my ship date! 8/12! Ahhhhh!!! That was fast!
Ha! I hear you! Have already told my hubby...next year, we're getting the Cackle Surprise and also bidding on Greenfire's Rare Assortment on rarebreedauctions.com. lol So I know we don't really get any say in what we get in the Surprise but you CAN say no ducks, or whatever, right? I think I've seen where someone got everything from ducks to geese to turkeys and chicks. Or is it generally chicks and guineas?

Back
Top Bottom