Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Those are the mottled houdans!
Wait, are you sure they have feathered legs and 5 toes? Mine that look like that didn't.
hmm.png
go to their website under mottled houdan and click the video. They look just like them.
The ones with extra toes are Houdans...without the extra toes are probably White-Crested Polish. :)

Any ideas on these?
#1 kinda looks like a ?silver laced Cochin? from Cackle's website.

#2 pretty silver colored down. No idea what it is.

#3 white Cochin? The diff colored wing tips are throwing me off. :/

#4 no idea. :/ doesn't have feathered shanks.

#5 is this a jungle fowl? Sorry, didn't take a top body pic this morning.

Eyeofthechicken- how are your babies today? Mine are running around like crazy, hyped up on Grogel lol I mixed too much yesterday. I bought the 2000 dose pack and couldn't find any directions for mixing a small amount. I thought 1/4 cup would be a good start. Omg. That 1/4 cup turned into 6 cups when it was mixed!!!!!! Lol I gave them 2.5 cups total, split between 8 sauce containers. (Stuck the rest in the fridge for the quail that are hatching this weekend.) When I checked on them this morning, it looked like they had licked the bowls! They're all super healthy though!

I didn't even think light Brahma! Thank you! I hope it is, I've always admired Brahmas. I'm definitely doing this again in the Spring. This is the most excitement I've had in a while! Lol

Gingerly1983 mine are chirping, playing,and eating and drinking well,I ordered last year a little earlier and didn't have the luck I've had this year. Last year I had 15 dead on arrival,but I had two ducks and a turkey so I was still happy,I have people coming to buy some of the ones I'm not keeping,so if I sell enough I might hurry and order another this year!!! Lol I have brooders set up all over the house!!

Last edited:
I am done ordering for the year and it's a little sad! I ordered 3 boxes this year and it was pretty exciting and fun for the kiddos and I (not as much for my husband :) ). It took forever to get rid of the extras from this last box and I was selling them for super cheap. I guess people just aren't wanting too many chicks this late in the summer. Can't wait for next spring! Although it seems like July had the best assortment potential.

Back
Top Bottom