Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

They are sold out for the year. :( can't wait til spring ! I had no trouble selling my extras. Maybe it depends on your location.
we live in a pretty small town in Western Washington, so I'm sure that's why. Even in peak season I have to sell them for pretty cheap. I would love to have more brooder space next year and raise them all up a little more. I think I probably got rid of some pretty cool ones.

Has anyone gone to the annual Cackle Hatchery Chicken Festival, I wanted to go down and see what the place is like. They say they do tours! I think it would be interesting to go and see where our chicks are actually hatched and see the facilities. I am trying to plan a trip and want to see if it worth going. Any thoughts?

I mean i order from them there not that bad on pricing on somethings there cheeper than others. but i probably would spend alot to lol but was just curious about this festival there having.

Well I Made the Trip not a bad drive. i went to the annual chicken festival at cackle hatchery this year. let me just say wow i couldnt believe how many people there was there was barely standing room at times. i went to some of the seminars by jeff maye very informative and i will be changing some thing in my coop. there was a ton of kids games there. the tour was amazing jeff the third generation of smith men was our guide he did an great job it kinda takes you back in time a little bit. they also had give aways and door prizes and even a raffle that benifits the apa and aba youth poultry club which is amazing all in its own. but the best part in my eyes was just talking with so many chicken enthusiasts. i talked with several people and traded tips with them it was well worth the drive i have to say. Way To Go Cackle you did great.

Best part aside from the trip down to cackle and the festival is that they had some wheaten marans available i also go to pick out when i got there kinda pricey but we will see how they grow out and see if there well worth the money which i think they will be if they are anything like there other marans. Happy Man Here

Best part aside from the trip down to cackle and the festival is that they had some wheaten marans available i also go to pick out when i got there kinda pricey but we will see how they grow out and see if there well worth the money which i think they will be if they are anything like there other marans. Happy Man Here

Did you happen to hear when they will offer Wheaten Marans? I've gotten their Black Copper Marans two years in a row--I'm extremely disappointed in the egg color from this year's pullets compared to the previous year (seriously, barely rate a 3 on the color scale). I don't think I'll pay the premium for the BCM next year, but I might for a wheaten continental breed.

Did you happen to hear when they will offer Wheaten Marans? I've gotten their Black Copper Marans two years in a row--I'm extremely disappointed in the egg color from this year's pullets compared to the previous year (seriously, barely rate a 3 on the color scale). I don't think I'll pay the premium for the BCM next year, but I might for a wheaten continental breed.
I believe they said in the spring. but i bet if you called them they had some and were still hatching some in the store front.

Back
Top Bottom