Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I wouldn't mind I wnat to know which is better to order from
I'm sure you ran across my "rant" about my Cackle experience. What is truly sad is that is that so many people were happy and when I gave them a second chance to help make the situation right, she discredited my vet who specializes in chickens and basically blamed me instead of chalking it up to maybe just a sick batch! I can say my experience with my pet chicken has been awesome! I had a very expensive chick with a bad foot and they refunded me promptly after I sent a pic of the chick and then spent over 20 minutes with me on the phone to help me get the chick back to health-it was a shipping injury and she is now one of the most beautiful birds in my flock! I also had one from MPC die and they refunded me without question. that is out of about 25 chicks on 2 separate occasions. I found out they are a "drop ship" company for Meyer hatchery and that is why I am really wanting to try the Leanns Adopt Me special! But I have A LOT of birds right now and am getting ready for a big poultry show so trying to raise little ones while getting the big birds in tip top shape would be rough! But I just might have to give it a try and give them away to my chicken lovin friends!!!!

I got my ship date, 8/17!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I will never order from them AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am down 2 out of the 6 we got, I think it is something with their legs. Here are the symptoms so far: Pasty but, then they act less squirmish, then after that their legs won't stand up, then minutes later they die.
barnie.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif

I will never order from them AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am down 2 out of the 6 we got, I think it is something with their legs. Here are the symptoms so far: Pasty but, then they act less squirmish, then after that their legs won't stand up, then minutes later they die.
barnie.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
Mine started with either watery white diarrhea and pasty butt, then sudden respiratory distress and weakness and then dead within 3 hours. The owner told me if I would have called her sooner she would have told me to medicate the birds with corid and maybe I wouldn't have lost so many. My question to her was why should I have to medicate chicks if they weren't sick to begin with. Her answer was they got sick because my brooder was too hot. I had several other batches being raised under the exact conditions in separate brooders-from 4 H fairs to MPC to shipped hatched eggs from ebay. No others had this. I really do think I got a bad batch since others are so happy with theirs. It's just sad she was willing to lose a customer over such a small request-to replace 6 chicks. I guess when you deal with that volume you are used to disease and losing birds but going out and finding a dead chick or 2 a day when I was doing everything possible was disheartening and she didn't care. That is just poor customer service.

When I showed up to to the post office this morning to pick up my surprise box the postal worker said she didn't think I was going to be happy. And she was right. The whole surprise box of chicks died in shipping.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but I figure it will help if I show a picture of the box contents and go over my analysis of why I think this was shipping related.

Based on the above picture, I think early in the shipping process, the chicks experienced enough cold air coming in from the right side of the box to prevent them from being able to maintain body temp as a group. And it was extreme enough that that it occurred quickly before dehydration kicked in as the grow gel was in all 4 area's. This normally is totally devoured before the chicks get to me.

The post office I picked them up from was about 65 degrees this morning.. But the chicks were long dead. Maybe they need to put 'Chicks love 90 degree temps during shipping' on the box...I think I'll ask them to write this on the box next time..

When I showed up to to the post office this morning to pick up my surprise box the postal worker said she didn't think I was going to be happy. And she was right. The whole surprise box of chicks died in shipping. I apologize if this offends anyone, but I figure it will help if I show a picture of the box contents and go over my analysis of why I think this was shipping related. Based on the above picture, I think early in the shipping process, the chicks experienced enough cold air coming in from the right side of the box to prevent them from being able to maintain body temp as a group. And it was extreme enough that that it occurred quickly before dehydration kicked in as the grow gel was in all 4 area's. This normally is totally devoured before the chicks get to me. The post office I picked them up from was about 65 degrees this morning.. But the chicks were long dead. Maybe they need to put 'Chicks love 90 degree temps during shipping' on the box...I think I'll ask them to write this on the box next time..
Oh no, that's too bad. Did you call them? I am a little worried about our shipment

I got a call this morning at about 5:30am from my local post office to get my birds. We have been waiting since the middle of July.
We received a smelly quite box of dead chicks.

Then the lady who answered the phone at cackel hatchery was not even surprised. She then said it would be another 2 weeks until they resend the order. A person who has a customer service related job she did very poor. I feel that they should fix there errors before they sell more product to other people.

Back
Top Bottom