Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

We have a hatch date of February 6th this year. A hatchery surprise was our first start at having chickens and got us hooked. We recently went a year without chickens and started again back in August and haven't had the best chicken math results (random losses for different reasons, some known and some unknown). Our first surprise was exciting because we were able to try different breeds that I never would have thought we'd like!

If anyone else has hatch dates soon, please post pictures!!!

I've always had good experiences with Cackles stock so this year I finally have room to try put the cackle surprise. I've seen some people got ducks.. Turkeys... Etc.. Is there a time of year that this is more likely? I'd love to get at least one other poultry type.

I've always had good experiences with Cackles stock so this year I finally have room to try put the cackle surprise. I've seen some people got ducks.. Turkeys... Etc.. Is there a time of year that this is more likely? I'd love to get at least one other poultry type.

The availability list is on their website, usually anytime after March 1st seems to be the best for water fowl/turkey, although around Easter (2 weeks or so before) I believe there's less of a chance of ducks but I could be wrong.

Okay, group pictures! I don't feel like I got much of an assortment as I have in the past but hopefully the red/yellow chicks mature out into different breeds. (I think there's a lot of sexlink pullets, which is perfectly fine!). I'm not sure if our schedule will be open late spring to do it again but I do think you get more an an assortment ordering later on (which I knew when I ordered). Most seem happy and active.

Wow that's a lot of chicks
woot.gif

my surprise box comes in March . I have 10 chicks in the brooder now that are almost ready to go out to the new coop as soon as we build it lol
I hope I get some silkies .Yours are so cute.

Good luck with your new chicks.

Back
Top Bottom