Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Sad news. My chicks that I thought were doing great are dying. I lost a total of 13. a few look very weak.
Others are running around acting great. I'm dealing with a few pasty butts and I know this wasn't cackles fault. I blame stella.

I just can't believe how great they looked and then they died.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Maybe they looked great because they were so happy to be out of the box, and they put out one last hope of surviving but they were really very weak.
I don't know. This is so sad.

on the plus side, the ducks seem fine. they sleep, eat, and make a mess. They move in a pack. You never see just one eating. too cute.
awwwp super sorry, I hope the rest grow up strong and healthy

I try so hard not to pick favorites with chicks because when I do, they either turn out to be a cockerel (in a breed I don't need a cockerel from) or something happens to it. I haven't been able to keep a silkie safe yet...

So, is my favorite chick out of 50 that was narrowed down to 15, a cockerel? Almost 6 weeks old. The red comb and wattles are so much darker than the others from the same shipment, I've included a picture of one I believe to be a pullet, her feathering is darker and comb/wattles are definitely lighter and not as big.

I try so hard not to pick favorites with chicks because when I do, they either turn out to be a cockerel (in a breed I don't need a cockerel from) or something happens to it. I haven't been able to keep a silkie safe yet...

So, is my favorite chick out of 50 that was narrowed down to 15, a cockerel? Almost 6 weeks old. The red comb and wattles are so much darker than the others from the same shipment, I've included a picture of one I believe to be a pullet, her feathering is darker and comb/wattles are definitely lighter and not as big.

Now that the dust has settled, and no more weak chicks to fuss, and frantic over, I have 33 wonderful chicks and 4 happy darling ducklings.
love.gif

I have ID 2 polish, 4 naked necks. 2 barred rocks 2 cochins 1 brahma and a whole lot of mystery chicks

My Anconas

I will try to get pictures of the chicks now that they are stronger.

Those chestnut, shaded ones could be gold-spangled appenzeller spitzhauben. Keep a lookout for a little pointy crest developing in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom