Calico Cochin Thread

This is a little hard lesson I've learned this year; NEVER sell a bird until you've seen it's offspring!
sad.png
One egg I hatched from a pair I sold this summer, Gabriella~

Do you sell/ship your cochins? Simply beautiful! I had wanted to get a calico cochin but the only breeder near me doesn't quite have the colors like yours. This was the rooster I got that I thought was a calico. He's 4 months old now is there any chance his coloring will change?

This was taken a few months ago. When I thought some white would come through but no such luck.

Im super happy with many of my grow outs this yr.
Out of about 200 chicks hatched, i have about a dozen pullets that made the cut and are added to my pen.
My last 50 are in the brooder now waiting to see how they turn out. However these are not millie/calicos BUT chocolates.
:)

Finally got my calico! Can someone here explain the difference between a Mille Fleur and a calico? I want to breed her to my calico rooster (he doesn't look calico but was told he is)

Calicos are Mille Fluer with too much white/mottling, yes.

F2 and F3 are not ratings, they're generations of brother x sister. F1 is the offspring of two different purebred parents. F2 is the offspring of the F1 crossed together, F3 is the offspring of two F2 birds.
I was wondering what the difference is between the calico cochin bantam and the Mille Fleur so it is just too much white? I thoughtthey were two different breeds?

This is my new calico, Calliope.

This is my too a friend gave me to go with my girls.

The girls. One frizzle Milli and the other a frizzle lavender Milli.

I was told I needed to add a Mottled to improve on his color.

I also have hen his color in with him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom