California - Northern

The pour on, you dab it under each wing and a couple on the vent with a cotton swab. Dosage is not that critical apparently. It is not very toxic this stuff.

I also corrected the dosage to ccs not teaspoons.

The pour on is supposed to kill mites and lice better while the injectable is supposed to kill internal parasites better.

I like what happy chooks said though, or was it Deb? Any way she said to use ivermectin first and then 10 days later use Wazine.

Well I just went and found this thread.. and they said to do the opposite.. first the Wazine, then the ivermectin.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/172967/does-any-one-use-ivermectin-in-chickens

It still didn't say how much of the pour on to use per gallon of water as they were mostly talking about using it for mites - not worms.

Quote: Thanks for the clarification!

Pour on can't go into the water--It is oil based and will not mix. The injectable is water soluble. The Pour on is applied directly to the skin. Zooweemama did it last fall. I just use the Ivermectin. Mine are all getting it now.

Ron

If i see anything dead ill do a follow up ( worms not chickens) Ill go with the drops per weight i saw for pig if its not a big deal. i was going to drop it under the wings, is a qtip easier? Would save me from going and buying a dropper!
ty both. I bet i couldnt find specifics becuse its not a big deal.

You're welcome.. stuff like that always gets my curiosity up so I want to see what the answer is.

I found another link and in there they said that the worms are starting to show a resistance to the Ivermectin.. but it still works to kill mites.

Edited because I can't spell..

Last edited:
Quote:
That would be a correct guess. I followed up by buying actual chicks, because he had something I couldn't find elsewhere. At six months, I did end up culling one breed completely.

If i see anything dead ill do a follow up ( worms not chickens) Ill go with the drops per weight i saw for pig if its not a big deal. i was going to drop it under the wings, is a qtip easier? Would save me from going and buying a dropper!
ty both. I bet i couldnt find specifics becuse its not a big deal.

I use a syringe barrel with no needle. Suck it out of the bottle and use it to do the drops under the wings and on the vent. The feedstore will sell them for around ten cents.

I've never used Wazine, so it must have been Happy Chooks.

ETA - When I bought from Dick Horstman, I bought chicks.

Deb

Last edited:
Hoping for the best. Can you mix a bit of Corid into yogurt?

thanks - i am thinking of doing this, although i'm afraid i'll use too much of the powder, since it's 1/4 tsp for 4 cups of water, so it would just have to be a little sprinkle on her yogurt? has anyone ever done this?

update: she did eat almost all of her yogurt today, and there are one or two poops in her pine shavings now -- but she's still very hunched/tail down. eyes not closed as much or as go-away-leave-me-alone as yesterday, and she did make a few weak noises at me today, barely-a-chirp sort of sounds -- but not really getting *better*, either. i bet she's lonesome, too.

prelim. Its the first time they said it looked interesting, so I bet I get it fast, haha. I looked up the 2 options and they said its a genetic disease, rare .
Sounds like just a freak inherited thing. Nothing you could have done differently.
I got an egg today!!! I'm so excited!!!
wee.gif
My girls haven't laid an egg in over 2 months! Now if I can figure out who laid it! It is a blue/green color (online auction color chart 0ac158) . It is pullet sized and a different color than my 3 yr old EE has ever laid. It is also a different color than my Cream Legbar laid before stopping for the winter. I do have 2 Lavendar Ameraucana's so it is possible that one of them laid it. Oh, the mystery of it all!
My lavender Ameraucana lays an egg that exact coloring. Got 4 of them in the bator now.
I use a syringe barrel with no needle. Suck it out of the bottle and use it to do the drops under the wings and on the vent. The feedstore will sell them for around ten cents.

I've never used Wazine, so it must have been Happy Chooks.

Deb
Children's medicine syringes work too. I used Wazine ONCE. It only works on roundworms, so if your birds have any other kind of worms, it's a waste of time and eggs. I've only used Valbazen and Ivomec since.

fl.gif
for Amelia. I know she means so much to you. Maybe she's just cold and maybe she hasn't been drinking enough because the water is so chilly???

Cooper, very pretty and cold looking pics! Is that fence on your property line?

Ron, what were you thinking of ordering from Black Diamond? I did not have the best results with her eggs. Have you ever considered ordering from Urch Turnland Poultry?

I just saw on another thread that Good Shepherd Ranch is now going to be selling chicks, poults and started birds. Nice!
Nope the fence line is about 150 feet down. not sure why they have that fence there but will be ripped out and used as a run

Back
Top Bottom