California - Northern

Did I loan one of my hova-bator incubators to any of you?
he.gif

Hi guys! I feel off the earth. But here I am! lol

I wish I could catch up but I only have a couple minutes until I have to fix supper. I've been crazy busy and staying off the computer most nights. It's been good!

Chickens seem to be ok. All the pet chickens we acquired: 2 frizzles, 1 show girl, a baby BLRW and a silkie...2 are crowing. LOL The SG and the blue Frizzle I got from Jeff. The Silkie I think is a girl- no crows yet. The other Frizzle is a girl. I can just tell. On the fence about the Wyandotte- I want to say girl...I don't know how old she is. But I don't see any dominance coming from her. Ever. They are still in a large dog crate and carried to a pen every day it doesn't rain.

I think they are close to 4 months now. How many more months should we wait before letting them 'free range' with the rest? I don't want them to get too harrassed. They are all such calm chickens. Day and night from the other chickens we have (except the Marans, they had always been super calm for us).

The Wyandotte will eventually be added to the main flock. BUT of the remaining 'pet' chickens so far it looks like 2 girls and 2 guys. Should I get a couple more silkie/frizzle/showgirl females to offset the roosters? I don't know how sexually aggressive the silkie crosses can be. I don't want to get rid of them so I would rather add if needed. Chicken math! LOL

It's so darn cold! I hope everyone's chickies are healthy and doing well!
Welcome back Zoo.
frow.gif
Glad everything is going well!

pardon me for asking the same question twice, but thought i'd see if there's any response before attempting this -- i've seen a couple of suggestions of mixing the Corid powder with plain yogurt (since I know Amelia will eat that), but i'm afraid i'll use too much of the powder, since it's 1/4 tsp for 4 cups of water, so it would just have to be a tiny sprinkle on her yogurt? has anyone ever done this? any advice?

I returned the one that I had borrowed. What about Megan? Do you plan on selling any of your incubators? Monet is asking me about hatching chicks again.
smile.png

You can ALWAYS borrow one of mine again, I've sold the big ones and am planning at this point to keep the ones I have, but I'm perplexed as to where one of them is. As many of you can probably attest to, my memory has been shot for the last 6 months. I was on such a high dose of the nerve pain med, Lyrica that my new Dr says it was borderline malpractice and that I had to slowly reduce for fear of seizure! YIKES well I'm still on the med but only 1/2 the strength that I was on and I'm ALIVE again, still in constant pain, but at least I'm not brain dead......

All that to say... I have no memory of who I loaned my incubator too! AND if you've told me things in the past 6 months.. don't be surprised if I have no recollection. Thank you Chooklet and everyone for hanging in there with me
wee.gif

You can ALWAYS borrow one of mine again, I've sold the big ones and am planning at this point to keep the ones I have, but I'm perplexed as to where one of them is. As many of you can probably attest to, my memory has been shot for the last 6 months. I was on such a high dose of the nerve pain med, Lyrica that my new Dr says it was borderline malpractice and that I had to slowly reduce for fear of seizure! YIKES well I'm still on the med but only 1/2 the strength that I was on and I'm ALIVE again, still in constant pain, but at least I'm not brain dead......

All that to say... I have no memory of who I loaned my incubator too! AND if you've told me things in the past 6 months.. don't be surprised if I have no recollection. Thank you Chooklet and everyone for hanging in there with me
wee.gif
How scary! I'm so glad that you found a doctor who can actually help you!
hugs.gif

My girls are on the upswing with their egg laying! I found the blue/green one yesterday afternoon and then last night when I went to shut them up, I found 2 light brown soft shelled eggs on the floor of the coop. I have quite a few pullets, mostly SPPR and Langshans, who are at POL so I'm guessing that they came from 2 of them. Yeah! EGGS!

Back
Top Bottom