California - Northern

5 Egg Day Yeah. The butff who laid it has been going into the nest box for the last couple of days. She doesnt squat like the others do but she laid today.
1 more buff to go and it will be 6 egg day soon. Then the long wait for Blue egg day and pita egg day.

What would cause a normally brown egg layer to lay an almost white egg. Ive seen splotchy pigmentation on some on occasion but this one was so pale it seemed almost white.
She does not think you are a good rooster then.
lau.gif

Do you still have other roosters there? If so, they will squat for him and not you.

5 Egg Day Yeah. The butff who laid it has been going into the nest box for the last couple of days. She doesnt squat like the others do but she laid today.
1 more buff to go and it will be 6 egg day soon. Then the long wait for Blue egg day and pita egg day.

What would cause a normally brown egg layer to lay an almost white egg. Ive seen splotchy pigmentation on some on occasion but this one was so pale it seemed almost white.
It skipped the paint booth on the way out. Color is the last thing to be added to the egg. I get roughly one a year from some of my brown layers.

Last edited:
Had a racoon in my chicken cage Thur night. So scary. One chicken lost some feathers, the rest were ok. I have since closed every door with screws and the main door locked. It got under a wire. My husband hadn't put dirt inside to cover the wire with moving and now hunting. I have put long boards and those metal fence posts around the perimeter of the coop wire. It was an ordeal screwing doors at 1am with a flashlight. Daily I ck to see if anything is different to the outside. I know it will return and pray each night for protection. My hubby returns next week end and he will secure the inside with dirt. Meanwhile they are locked in every night.
I broke down and bought a .22 Benjamin air riffle varmint pack. they say it can take down a coyote and raccoon for sure, i liked the red flashlight and laser for night time attacks haha

The two on the left are a nice Green. The one on the right may have missed the dark brown genes.

I have a couple of OEs that I hope will start laying soon. I also have 4 UofA Blues and some Partridge Penes to get going.

Like these:

they are looking good

It skipped the paint booth on the way out. Color is the last thing to be added to the egg. I get roughly one a year from some of my brown layers.
yes i see it too from time to time. generally before molt for me but i did see this on one egg from the pullet eggs

ep.gif
I haven't seen those colors before! I LOVE the beautiful brown tails! In the link there are a ton of gorgeous peahen as well, and apparently I NEED a peach peacock! I need to cover my eyes and run away, lol.
My peafowl are quite boring by comparison, lol, but like you, I love the browns and the peach. If anyone want to see more colors, check out the website that @new 2 pfowl has been putting together, it contains pictures from lots of BYC members and a few peafowl breeders.
http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/

-Kathy

@ronott1Ok here are my new layers. The colors in real life are a little more vibrant than the pics .
On the right: UofA Arkansas blue
Middle: OE cross(penedesenca x UofA )
Left: accidental hatch. I grabbed the wrong egg for the incubator. I thought it would be an OE , but the mom as an EE . Apparently she did not pass on the blue egg gene.
But she's a nice layer and she's pretty

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom