California - Northern

Yay! Got home early enough to start working on putting the 'green' roof on the coop! Hopefully get it done and planted this weekend! woot!

nice. hens and chicks. sempervivum tectorum was used as a live roof. it would help the straw roofs not catch on fire during thunderstorms I do not see any in the picture but look for that if you can to add to your nice collection

I have extra 100 watt bulbs and a brooder I could set up if you want to borrow it or bring them down here. I'll pm you my phone number.

thanks muchly for the offer, but i've got a really nasty cold/cough and wouldn't want to give it to you or your family -- and IF i'm remotely healthy tomorrow, i must attend my students' graduation at school. what a time to be having chicklet troubles, too!

Quote:
I thought we were talking about the raising and exhibiting of gamefowl, both totally legal activities and topics.
It was starting to be discussed. I think Ron was just offering a friendly reminder. I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but the post above doesn't sound very nice. I don't think anyone was offended by being cautioned about the rules.
Ah see, the problem with the internet..............very difficult to read inflection in the written word. I certainly didn't intend any offense. I just took his comment as future tense. I hadn't seen any discussion of the banned topic, I must have missed it.

Quote:
I thought we were talking about the raising and exhibiting of gamefowl, both totally legal activities and topics.
It was starting to be discussed. I think Ron was just offering a friendly reminder. I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but the post above doesn't sound very nice. I don't think anyone was offended by being cautioned about the rules.
Ah see, the problem with the internet..............very difficult to read inflection in the written word. I certainly didn't intend any offense. I just took his comment as future tense. I hadn't seen any discussion of the banned topic, I must have missed it.
hugs.gif

hi! long time no type. :) I can't sleep... thought I'd spill the dilemma here...
although its been a super exciting day to come home & find baby chicks walking around w/the "rescue" hen I got a couple months ago, I noticed there are only 2 babies w/her & the other 8 eggs she was sitting on are still intact. Did they just not make it? Will they definitely not make it now? They are cold. I brought them inside, don't know what to do w/them now. :( I'm worried because she abandoned them today to move into another nest across the yard that a couple girls have been laying in (who aren't broody) & now I have no clue what to do w/the other un-hatched eggs.
We had 3 baby goats born last friday & these are the first chicks hatched by a hen here... Happy Spring, y'all! missed ya :)

Back
Top Bottom