California - Northern

I put 6 Trader Joe's fertile eggs under my broody mama last night...can't wait to candle them to see if they're actually developing!
smile.png
I hope you see veining too!

It is easy to see into TJs eggs.

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. It's been busy around here.

We will be leaving California next week, as my husband got laid off. We are taking all our chickens (26!) and their 12x7 coop to Seattle area with us. Actually they will have a few month stay with a friend in Oregon while we try and buy a house. The kids and I will be living with my mom, also in Oregon, while DH works and we look for a house. Anyhow, Clementine (who is turning seven on November 12th) has a silkie hen that she is very bonded to, and I think we will try and keep her in West Linn with us while we are there (ordinance allows six hens). I would feel better if she had a buddy, so I am wondering if anyone close to us has a friendly silkie hen they would be willing to part with. Healthy, obviously - we haven't had any health issues at all and I'm nervous to add any outside chickens, but I feel like I can trust you guys. We live in Pennegrove, we can drive a reasonable distance, or we could pick up the chicken on they way up to Oregon (possibly).

We could buy or trade for other chickens :)

We will be leaving California next week, as my husband got laid off. We are taking all our chickens (26!) and their 12x7 coop to Seattle area with us. Actually they will have a few month stay with a friend in Oregon while we try and buy a house. The kids and I will be living with my mom, also in Oregon, while DH works and we look for a house. Anyhow, Clementine (who is turning seven on November 12th) has a silkie hen that she is very bonded to, and I think we will try and keep her in West Linn with us while we are there (ordinance allows six hens). I would feel better if she had a buddy, so I am wondering if anyone close to us has a friendly silkie hen they would be willing to part with. Healthy, obviously - we haven't had any health issues at all and I'm nervous to add any outside chickens, but I feel like I can trust you guys. We live in Pennegrove, we can drive a reasonable distance, or we could pick up the chicken on they way up to Oregon (possibly).

Hi Jodan!

It is good to hear from you. I am sorry you have to move but the future sounds hopeful for you.

Be sure to check in with us often and let us know how things are going up North.

I hope you find a nice friend for your Silkie.

So sorry that your DH got laid off and you are moving. I hope the move turns out to be a good thing for you and your family.

sorry to see that you'll be leaving Penngrove! all my best to you up north!

Didn't you have issues with your landlord anyway? Maybe it is a good thing. However, moving is stressful. I just finished and am more than glad to be done.

I am sorry to hear about your husband. What industry is he in?

I don't have any Silkies but good luck in your search. Do you have another smaller hen you could keep with her? Maybe not a Silkie but a buddy from the flock?

Good luck and stay in touch!

Back
Top Bottom