California - Northern

My SPR boys I just processed were 19 weeks and still silent. It all depends on the breed and the individual chicken.
I have yet to have any of my Langshan boys crow before 27-28 weeks. We processed some at around 20 weeks and, even though they were far from full grown (Langshans are big birds at maturity), they weighed around 4 1/2 lb processed. They were delicious, too! I have some over 1 yr old boys in the freezer now and I'm curious to see how they taste. We are not real good at marking which breed is which when we process them. We might have cooked one of them or a Langshan mix a couple weeks ago because this bird was very leggy. We cut it up and cooked it in our pressure cooker. Even the bones were falling apart! There wasn't as much white meat as you get with a Cornish x but the dark meat was really dark and tasty!

Liz I Think the water wiggler should be 99.5 in the middle. But I also have not used still air.

Tommy I saw the fb post! Hopefully you got her. If he freaks out tell him its a trial and if its too much ill take her ;)

I also have a temp question. In using the spot check I was frustrated by NOT getting a stable reading then i realized it was the flux of the wafer turning off and in. So I let it sit for longer and got the temps to range from 98-102 . Depending on if the heat was on or off. Does that average me close enough? My little digital is obviously not as sensitive and they are steady at 99.5 .

Quote:
No, it's actually teal colored.

I have been watching it and it looks like he changed the camera angle. You can see the blue better now. It is still an incredible color for an egg! I wish that thing would hatch though! It's agonizingly slow!!!
he.gif

I also have a temp question. In using the spot check I was frustrated by NOT getting a stable reading then i realized it was the flux of the wafer turning off and in. So I let it sit for longer and got the temps to range from 98-102 . Depending on if the heat was on or off. Does that average me close enough? My little digital is obviously not as sensitive and they are steady at 99.5 .

As long as the hot and cold spots dont stay in the same places it should be ok. I think? Lol im just trying to use my limited knowledge of thermal dynamics here.

Wow, We lived in Watsonville, off Green Valley, for 30 years! We raised our 3 children but have moved to Sacrament, Pollock Pines, and now down 49 to San Andreas. So nice to read about the wonderful area we left behind. Wonderful hugs to you!
I grew up in Watsonville back and forth between Amesti Rd (at dad's) and the Aptos end of Freedom Blvd (at mom's)! Such a small world. :) You live off the 49 now? I think we go camping off the 49…? Coloma Resort in Coloma near Lotus, is that near you?

Back
Top Bottom