California-Southern

I concur! I got my Salmon Faverolles and a golden cuckoo Marans from her. My birds have grown well, lay well and have good temperament. Her property and facilities are the cleanest I've seen so far. She's NPIP, strict about biosecurity (which we should all appreciate), and has lots of special rare breeds. I just wish she has even more variety, like regular Swedish Flower hens, Brabanters and Appenzeller Spitzhaubens
wink.png

You may find some breeders for a few of those on the Northern California thread if you don't mind a road trip.

Thanks for the info! I will try to go! I am loving being a new chicken mama. I have one American Game hen and four 2-week old chicks (2 Plymouth Barred Rocks, a Welsummers and a Golden Sexlinks).

Welcome, we need more chicken enthusiasts in Southern California!
Please post some chicken pics when you have a chance.

You may find some breeders for a few of those on the Northern California thread if you don't mind a road trip.

True, though that would definitely qualify me as a crazy chicken lady!! ;) oh well, so be it. That has definitely crossed my mind as a possibility when I'm ready to add more. I can do it and use visiting my sister in San Francisco as an excuse! Or when she comes down, I can force to to pick up chickens for me! ha!

True, though that would definitely qualify me as a crazy chicken lady!!
wink.png
oh well, so be it. That has definitely crossed my mind as a possibility when I'm ready to add more. I can do it and use visiting my sister in San Francisco as an excuse! Or when she comes down, I can force to to pick up chickens for me! ha!

So far my family and friends tolerate those requests =) The smaller the chicken the less "objectionable" the confinement.
At this point I have most of what I need, and am sending chickens or hatching eggs the other direction.
The only problem is they never really know, did I make the trip to see them, or was it all about the chickens?

So far my family and friends tolerate those requests =)  The smaller the chicken the less "objectionable" the confinement.  
At this point I have most of what I need, and am sending chickens or hatching eggs the other direction.  
The only problem is they never really know, did I make the trip to see them, or was it all about the chickens?

And only YOU (and maybe we) really know the truth....

Back
Top Bottom