California-Southern

Hello aliris,
I’m in the SGV. (SanGabriel Valley). I’ve had chickens for many years. I just love them. I do have a chicken math problem:eek: ! I have many different breeds. Couple of very sweet roosters. We are not too far from the west side!
Have fun with your chooks!
Hi shober! I am beginning to understand the chicken math problem... :) I just started a FB group for chicken keepers around here on the westside. I know there are a lot! How to connect?!

Update: looks like my videos won’t play…. Argh

Hey so I am doing take 2 (or 3 or 4) of making the hard decisions and rehoming some of my birds. Ideally I only want to have Opal Legbars and 55 Flowery Hens to breed and then a few others for eggs. I've just got too many chickens!!! and whenever I think of parting with them I think "but they are laying eggs!" But I think when they are still laying is the best time to rehome, because people will want them. Here's a list and please see my album with pics. I'm in Los Angeles.

1 Whiting True Green 57 wks old
2 Silver double laced Barnevelders 56weeks old
1 Bielefelder 57 weeks old
2 Opal Legbars that lay cream eggs 28 weeks old
2 Cream Legbars that lay greener than blue eggs 28 weeks old
2 black Shetland Hen chicks 7 weeks old, no idea male or female, minimal comb development but I don't know this breed well
1 chick that is Isbar Hen x Opal legbar rooster-I think this chick is looking male 7 wks

View album 7430028
I can't get the gallery to open, it says I haven't "permissions". Also, I'm unclear how to pm you - seems odd to leave public contact info here, maybe? Maybe it's just fine... anyway, I'm in west LA and interested! Perhaps you can figure out better than I how to pm me on this site? tyvm!

I’m looking for Orpington pullets (and maybe barred rock) in the LA (SFV) area. I have a single 3yr old speckled sussex and I would like to build my flock up again. Anyone know where I can get healthy birds locally?

I’m looking for Orpington pullets (and maybe barred rock) in the LA (SFV) area. I have a single 3yr old speckled sussex and I would like to build my flock up again. Anyone know where I can get healthy birds locally?
I know of Blacksmith's Corner in Lakewood, and the Topanga Mart at the corner of Topanga and PCH. Those may both be far from you. The PCH ones may have older birds, I think the hardware store is just chicks. I'd be interested in knowing of such places too. I'm on the westside and wanting to build back up a flock too. I'd love easter eggers or blue eggers if possible!? tia.

Back
Top Bottom