California-Southern

Hello everyone!

I was wondering, is anyone currently breeding/planning to breed any Lavender Orpingtons in the near future? I lost my very dear LO hen some months ago and while nothing can replace her, I would very much like to get another LO. Please do let me know. Thank you!

@CloneFly -- have you inquired on the BYC Orpington thread (if there is one)? Someone might know someone who has them :). The rare birds/rare color varieties take a bit of searching. I had to wait nearly 9 months to find a nearby Silkie breeder to fill my order for a Blue Silkie (which I had wanted a Blue for more than 13 years!).
TINY BUT MIGHTY -- LITTLE BLUE SILKIE
BUCKABOO 3  CHICKS 1  01-16-2024.jpg

Hi, I’m back again. Seems I only come on here to rehome chickens these days! We’ve had a death in the family, I lost my husband suddenly, and I need to simplify…

I have the following chickens to rehome, preferably for $20 each:

11 Amber Star hybrids who r still laying daily rain or shine
4 “55 flowery hens”

That will leave me with 6 chickens and that will be much more manageable going forward.

I’m in North Hollywood.

I’ll check in here every couple days for responses. Ty
Messaged you

Hi there! I'm technically in Central CA- but I didn't find a thread for us central people. Hoping to have some luck here maybe.
I have 4 hens in need of rehoming, 2 Easter eggers, 1 barred rock, and 1 gold laced wyandotte. These are hens that are dearly loved as family, but unfortunately, we can no longer care for them. I prefer for them to be able to be rehomed together, but I can also split them into groups of 2 if necessary.
The wyandotte and barred rock are about 3 years old and were still producing eggs this summer. The 2 EEs are older and have basically retired from laying.

I am looking for a home that will let them live out their natural lifespan and not butcher them. We are located in Fresno. If interested, I am happy to further discuss and provide pictures!
Did you ever find a good home for your hens?

Hello SoCal folks!
I may have to rehome my awesome little rooster, identified as a Mille Fleur (d’Uccle?) bantam when I got him from Kahouts (5/6/2023). He is super polite and watchful over the hens. The big girls don’t let him mate with them, and he rarely mates with the couple of other bantam hens in the flock. My understanding is that this breed are very kind for roosters and it shows with mine. I would love to keep him but I am feeling like the crowing is a disturbance even though my neighbors have not complained to me.

He also had a mostly white baby (10/22/2023) with my frizzle silkie, and I think that one is also a rooster. I may have to find a home for the white one too someday.

Let me know if anyone has a good home for my Mille Fleur if/when I need to rehome him. I am in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3388.jpeg
    IMG_3388.jpeg
    724.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5263.jpeg
    IMG_5263.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5262.jpeg
    IMG_5262.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5260.jpeg
    IMG_5260.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is anyone in the Long Beach area able to take in a chick around 3-4 weeks old? They were found by someone with no experience caring for chickens, and while I ave a small flock of hens I have never dealt with chicks.

I'm doing what I can and they seem to be okay for now but I would prefer if someone better prepared for this could take them in.

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 5
@DAPARROT -- Awww -- poor babies! Believe me these chicks will grow so fast you won't have to worry about caring for chicks. Handle them, hold them, chop up finely fresh spinach, carrots, cukes, apples, cooked sweet potato, or look up what you can or cannot feed chickens and you'll soon have pets and eggs if they're females.

How were they found? No way to know if they were someone's mixed backyard birds and no way to know if they've been vaccinated? By personal choice I no longer allow unknown history or un-vaccinated birds into our flock :(

How were they found? No way to know if they were someone's mixed backyard birds and no way to know if they've been vaccinated? By personal choice I no longer allow unknown history or un-vaccinated birds into our flock :(
They just wandered into someone's yard and I ended up with them. No idea where they came from before that but the people that found them couldn't find an owner if they were in the neighborhood.

@DAPARROT -- that is so sad. They look so sweet and old enough to not need usual chick care. After initial biosecurity separation, if your flock are all vaccinated you can eventually integrate this couple into your flock. But if your birds are not vaccinated then I wouldn't keep them. I get perturbed at the original owners for losing these birds :( Some animals even get dumped on purpose! Bless you for having a caring heart

Back
Top Bottom