California-Southern

Because I know we all love egg pics... my Welsummer laid her first egg yesterday. It's a very nice warm brown with lots of tiny speckles. It makes a nice compliment to the pink-brown and blue eggs I'm already getting from my other 2 hens.
Next up: 5 pullets on their way to POL this spring.

Hi, thanks for sharing. I like your collection and have a very similar egg from my welsummers. When I breed for olive eggers I'm always hoping for some speckled ones there too.

Have a rose comb bantam hen and a silver duckwing Oegb rooster also five rollers for sale or trade
[/IMG][/IMG]

Hi folks, I just had my first hatch of the year - :jumpy
A mixed group of cream Legbars, plus some 3/4 cream Legbar 1/4 wheaten Ameraucana chicks.
They will be blue egg layers.
I do not have a brooder set up, so would rather just sell this lot ASAP. There are 11 chicks, and the 12th is just hatching.
Asking for $80 for all of them together including #12 if it looks good. .
Although I *think* I can see the pure bred Legbars I can make no guarantees on these chicks as the pure eggs were not separated and the buyer should assume they are just blue egg layers.
My wheaten Ameraucana x Legbar Pullets got rehomed so there will be no more of them :)

Please let me know ASAP if interested as will also list on craigslist.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get about 5 meat birds to raise from chicks. I'd be happy to buy from someone here, or go in on an order with others (minimum is usually 25). I'm leaning towards Freedom Rangers, but I could be swayed towards black/red broilers. I'd be willing to brood them for you, too, until they're off heat.

I'm in Anaheim.

Looking for black/blue/splash copper Maran hens or pullets. Would also consider chicks, or another breed that lays a really dark egg. My egg basket is all pale colors, it "needs" some more variety :). Not interested in eggs, currently don't have an incubator set up. Might ship chicks, but not older birds.

Back
Top Bottom