California-Southern

Hi i live in central california but will be driving down to Castaic on Saturday 2/14 to pick up a puppy. My husband is searching for some Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas and i thought id ask around if there is anyone down that way with anything available. I figured if were down that way anyways wouldnt hurt to ask.
Probably be willing to travel around a little for some too :)

We have two 9-week old cockerels if you are interested.

From the desk located somewhere on the Crazy H-Bar Ranch;
I just put my last misc set of quail eggs in the incubator yesterday, Monday morning is the start of my first ever breeding program, one that I'm actually logging down on paper and keeping tract of who lays what. So, first thing Monday morning I will collect whatever eggs are there, so I will have about 5 days of 70 or so eggs available that I won't be setting.

FYI - "Tilly's Nest" website has an article on how/why the new avian flu is spreading starting in Alaska and taking 4 flight patterns throughout the entire U.S. and how the viruses mutate -- being a nurse she's always on top of medical issues re: chickens. The AI is not just in CA now but the Northeast (MA) is also affected.

From the desk located somewhere on the Crazy H-Bar Ranch;
I just put my last misc set of quail eggs in the incubator yesterday, Monday morning is the start of my first ever breeding program, one that I'm actually logging down on paper and keeping tract of who lays what. So, first thing Monday morning I will collect whatever eggs are there, so I will have about 5 days of 70 or so eggs available that I won't be setting.

that's a lot of cute little eggs!

Hi, I'm in orange county and am just starting my first flock. I picked up 5 chicks yesterday and will get a few more next weekend when they arrive. Is there an OC specific thread or Facebook group I should be aware of?

I have 2 barred rocks and a sicilian buttercup. Want to add a couple if more colors to my basket and marans and olive eggers are on my wish list!

I like the barred rocks in your avatar, their pattern is so nice. I had to look up the sicilian buttercup, and that's another nice pattern. How did you end up with these two breeds?

Back
Top Bottom